As an international teaching and research institution offering high-level, quality driven learning programs, the University of Wollongong in Dubai is committed to:
- making a significant contribution to educational and professional learning;
- enabling high calibre undergraduate and postgraduate students to pursue their educational goals, determine the direction of their lives, and contribute significantly to their profession, community, and society;
- providing an international learning experience, so that students value cultural diversity;
- recruiting academic and administrative staff who are of the highest quality, are committed to integrating the need for quality assurance with the need for change, promoting innovation and creating an environment of continuous improvement.
It is against this background that the University has developed its vision: to be one of the top nationally accredited universities in the UAE.
We will be recognised for the high quality of our teaching as well as strong research activity (with outcomes that contribute to the development of the region), innovative degree programs (that are relevant and up-to-date), cultural diversity and valuable international connections, and effective engagement with commerce, industry, government and the UAE community.
Unlocking Potential through Learning is the guiding principle for all UOWD educational activities.
The University will achieve its Vision by pursuing the following Goals, to:
- Offer innovative, current and relevant programs that are accessible to a range of students, and deliver them with high quality teaching.
- Engage in high-quality research with outcomes that will benefit the region, and to have effective programs for research training.
- Have active collaborations with government, schools, industry, business and alumni, to enhance our research and teaching and build a strong support base for the University.
- Have a student body that is engaged with university life, satisfied with their experience, and well prepared for a career.
- Be a university community of international outlook, which provides our students with an international experience and students from other countries with the opportunity to learn about the UAE.
- Have the business capacity, systems and performance that enable us to reach our core goals effectively and efficiently.
- Recruit and retain skilled and motivated staff.
UOWD has adopted the following set of values, which guide the behaviour of staff in all parts of the University. These are also the values we expect our graduates to develop and refine throughout their learning at UOWD.
- Passion: we love what we do
- Creativity: we are innovative and imaginative
- Exceptional performance: we encourage everyone to shine; to go above-and-beyond
- Collaboration: we share knowledge, expertise and resources
- Integrity: we are honest, ethical and reliable
- Courage: we speak our mind, take the initiative, and are steadfast in our decisions