The Career Development Centre is open to all students and graduates of the University of Wollongong in Dubai. The Centre exists to provide guidance on career options, job search techniques and interview, assessment and selection skills.
Qualified career advisors provide one-to-one counselling, drop-in sessions, careers seminars, skills workshops and mock-interview practice. The Centre houses a career resource library, hosts careers fairs, and advertises postings for internships and paid work experience opportunities through its dedicated online portal.
UOWD's careers advisors can assist you with:
- Evaluating career options
- Creative job search techniques
- Developing applications, CVs or resumes, and covering letters
- Interview skills
- Individual and group career advice and follow up meetings
- Career and occupational information
- Information on local employment opportunities and careers fairs.
Workplace Readiness Series Programs
The Career Development centre runs a workshop series and provides information brochures to support students in enhancing their employability and developing job search techniques. Topics covered include:
- CV and cover letter writing
- Job search techniques
- Recruitment selection test
- Online job application
- Interview role-plays
- Interactive interviews
- How to dress at interviews
- Preparing for a career fair
- ‘Hire-Me’ event
UOWD hosts an annual Career Fair which sees around 40 UAE businesses, including multinational organisations and major local corporations, visit the University to showcase the opportunities within their company and meet with student in a professional setting.
The Fair provides students with the opportunity to present themselves to prospective employers such as Pfizer, Deloitte, Microsoft, Emirates NBD, IBM, PWC, Mashreq Bank, Standard Charter etc. and meet with UOWD graduates who have gone on to work with these organisations.