Events at UOWD
Performance Appraisal Ratings and Managing the Distribution Curve of Rating - Presentation by Robert Mosley
You have probably heard of "compa-ratio" but have you heard of "snap-ratio"?
The Presentation by Robert Mosley will cover the following topics:
- Current trends on annual performance appraisal discussions: Facts and Myths.
- The four critical decisions in designing an annual performance appraisal scheme.
- Different types of performance rating scales (4 to 6 point systems).
- Wording and Language used in rating scales.
- Weighting of :objectives and goals" versus "competencies and behaviours".
- Forced distributions of rating and advantages and disadvantages.
- Why the symmetrical bell-curve does not work and represent failure.
- Why some skew of the distribution curve is desirable and represents success.
- How much skew on the distribution curve can we tolerate?
- Using "Snap-Ratio" to manage the distribution curve of performance ratings.
- Open Q&A session.
This event is FREE for all UOWD students. To register you must email Dr Alison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Robert Mosley is a Global Remuneration Expert and he is the CEO of his own consulting company called Lemon Pop Consulting Limited, and he is also a Master Trainer and a member of the Reward Advisory Board for CIPD.
He is widely recognized in many industries and many countries as one of the leading global experts on compensation and benefits in all sectors across the GCC, and is also a leading expert in the more general field of human resources within the aviation and airline sectors. Robert, who is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and a member of the rewards advisory board for CIPD has 30 years of experience in HR and C&B, 22 years of which were in the Middle East.
He was the head of Middle East practice with Hay Group in 1988-1990 before joining the Emirates group and later promoted to the role of SVP Human Resources. He spent 13 years with Emirates Group, before establishing his own remuneration consulting business, Lemon Pip Consulting Ltd, when he is working with over 300 companies in the Middle East and 80 airlines globally.
Robert is a founding member of "Dubai HR Forum" and a visiting lecturer on MBA programmes at three leading business schools, running courses on the HR and C&B, as well as being a major contributor to distance learning programmes for IIR. He is also a remuneration advisor to many Remuneration Committees (RemCo) in both UK and GCC.