Events at UOWD
Student Awards Nomination Period Open
UOWD recognises outstanding student contributions through a number of annual student awards.
You can nominate yourself in any of the award categories listed below by completing and submitting the appropriate nomination form available from the Student Services Coordinator by the submission deadline of 26 April 2014.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a award selection panel. Winners will be presented with their trophies and prizes at the Annual Leadership Luncheon on 14th May 2014.
Award categories include:
- Spirit Award - recognises UOWD students who demonstrate outstanding university spirit through their involvement and leadership in the student community during the academic year. Prize includes a crystal trophy and AED 1,000.
- Sportperson of the Year Award - recognises UOWD students who demonstrate outstanding conduct, involvement and leadership in the UOWD sports teams during the academic year. Prize includes a crystal trophy and AED 1000.
- Student Service Award - recognises outstanding volunteerism by a student and consistently over the course of the academic year and/or intensively for a particular project such as Wollongong Cup, UniCrew, Career Fair, Graduation, GETEX, etc. Prize includes a crystal trophy and AED 500.
- OutReach Award - recognises students who have brought honour to the University through their charitable work and projects in the community. Prize includes a crystal trophy and AED 500.
- SuperS.T.A.R. Award - recognises the student who accumulates the most S.T.A.R. points during the Academic year, while completing the program. (Registered STAR participants only) Prize includes a crystal trophy and AED 750 (cheque)
The STAR participant with the second highest number of points will receive certificate and AED 400.
To find out more about the awards, the nomination and selection process or to collect a nomination form, contact the Student Services Coordinator.