The UOWD Executive MBA is designed for senior managers who are aiming to become transformational leaders. To ensure that you have the right skills and experience to benefit fully from the program, we operate a comprehensive application and selection process, outlined below.
1. First, you will need to ensure that you meet the following minimum entry criteria and work experience for the EMBA.
- Hold a recognised Bachelor degree with an average mark of 60%
- Have five years’ full-time relevant senior management work experience.
2. As classes are delivered in block mode, you will need the full backing of your organisation throughout the program. Therefore, we request that you discuss your enrolment with your employer and obtain their support before submitting an application.
3. To express your interest in the program, we request that you submit a supporting statement of approximately 500 words, describing why you wish to enrol in the program, what benefits the program might provide to you and what strengths you feel you can bring to the program.
4. Your statement should also be accompanied by an organisational chart of your current workplace structure that identifies where your existing role sits in relation to this chart.
5. To help us understand your background, we request that you nominate a referee within your organisation (preferably a direct report) who can be contacted to verify your work experience.
6. Complete and submit your application form along with all the required documentation
7. Your application will be reviewed by the Program Leader who may schedule a pre-enrolment advisory appointment with you to explain the outline of the program in detail and to assess your suitability.
8. Your application will be considered by the Faculty of Business EMBA Admissions Panel and if you demonstrate that you successfully meet all the selection criteria, you will be invited for a formal interview.
9. A final assessment will be based upon the interview and all of your supporting information, and if your application is approved, you will be offered a place in the program and invited to enrol.
English Language Requirements for Executive MBA
All instruction at UOWD is carried out in English and you will need to demonstrate an adequate level of English language proficiency in order to enrol on a program at the University. As a postgraduate applicant, you will be required to submit one of the following certificates of English proficiency:
|Program||IELTS (Academic)||Internet based TOEFL||Computer based TOEFL||International Paper based TOEFL*||Pearson PTE (Academic)||Cambridge English Advanced|
|EMBA||Overall score of 6.5 with 6.0 in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking||88 with not less than 22 in Writing, 20 in Reading, 17 in Listening, 18 in Speaking||231 with a 4.5
575 with a 4.5
|Overall score of 64 with a minimum of 59 in all bands||Overall score of 58|