The Summer Internship fair is for those seeking internship opportunities with local and multinational companies during the summer. These internships will provide you with an opportunity to gain valuable work experience in your field of study. This will be a good time to strengthen your profile.
This is your chance to promote yourself and prepare yourself for the job market before you graduate.
Thursday, 12 May 2016
10 :00 am – 1:00 pm
Block 5, Dubai Knowledge Village
Tips to prepare for the event:
- Simplify your goals. Why are you attending the fair and what do you hope to get out of it?
- Research the organizations that interest you. It is a good idea to classify the organizations that you would like to talk to and prepare a list of questions to ask. Visit their website to know about their business.
- Recognize your strengths. Having self-awareness about your personality, interests, skills, and experience are essential groundwork for your conversations with employers.
- Bring your resume. If you are using the job fair as a part of your job search, you should bring several copies of your resume.
- “Elevator Speech”. Be prepared to share a one-minute summary about yourself, as it will introduce you to the employer in a meaningful and effective manner.
- Dress in a professional manner. A suit/formal shirt and tie/ is always appropriate. No Jeans or revealing clothing.
- Communicate professionally. When introducing yourself to employers, maintain good eye contact and have a firm handshake
- Bring your Student ID. You will need your student ID to register on the day of the event.
For further assistance on your CV and preparation, please visit the Career Development Centre, Block 5, # 035
Eshita Patel :
Email : EshitaPatel@uowdubai.ac.ae
Tel : +971 4 278 1753
Email : CornelioGomes@uowdubai.ac.ae