At UOWD we take great pride in the qualities we instil in our graduates, which firmly reflect our institutional culture and values. UOWD graduates are ambitious, committed to excellence, have a global outlook and a strong ethical framework.
Alongside these personal attributes, our graduates’ academic experience ensures that they are:
- Have a sound knowledge of their chosen area of study;
- Understand the current issues (local, regional, international) in their area of study;
- Know how to apply this knowledge;
- Understand how an area of study has developed and how it relates to other areas.
- Engage with new ideas and ways of thinking to critically analyse issues;
- Seek to extend knowledge through ongoing research, enquiry and reflection;
- Find and evaluate information, using a variety of sources and technologies;
- Acknowledge the work and ideas of others.
- Take on challenges and opportunities;
- Apply creative, logical and critical thinking skills to respond effectively;
- Make and implement decisions;
- Be flexible, thorough, innovative and aim for high standards.
- Articulate ideas and convey them effectively using a range of media;
- Work collaboratively and engage with people in different settings;
- Recognise how culture can shape communication.
- Understand how decisions can affect others and make ethically informed choices;
- Appreciate and respect diversity;
- Act with integrity as part of local, national, global and professional communities.