Institutional research provides the foundation for numerous planning activities at the University of Wollongong in Dubai, including the institutional level strategic plan. UOWD is currently guided by the goals outlined in the 2017-2020 Strategic Plan aimed at developing the institution into a comprehensive, research driven university that is among the premier private universities in the region. Achieving these goals will ensure that UOWD attracts high quality students and will enable it to align its fee structure with the quality and reputation of its degrees and other courses.
- UOWD Growth and Positioning: To build the University into a larger institution with an active doctoral research program and a broader range of disciplines, improve the University’s standing and reputation in the MENA region, and make the University’s programs more accessible in Abu Dhabi and other Emirates.
- Preparing our Graduates: To offer innovative, current and relevant programs, deliver our programs with high quality teaching and make them accessible to a range of students; to have a student body that is engaged with university life, satisfied with the UOWD experience, and well prepared for a future career.
- Research and Research Training: To engage academic staff and students in high-quality research with outcomes that will benefit the region, and to have effective programs for research training.
- Partnerships and Community Engagement: To have active collaborations with government, schools, industry, business and alumni, to enhance our research and teaching and build a strong support base for the University. Facilitate closer connections and collaborations between the University of Wollongong (Australia) and the Gulf, Middle East, and surrounding regions.
- Internationalisation: To be a university community of international outlook that provides our students with an international experience and students from other countries with the opportunity to learn about the UAE.
- Staff: To recruit and retain skilled and motivated staff.
- Organisational Excellence: To have the business capacity, systems and performance that enable us to reach our goals effectively and efficiently.