The future of this country lies in the hands of our young and skilful students.
The University of Wollongong in Dubai (UOWD) invites all high school students in grades 10, 11 and 12, from across the UAE to take part in the UOWD AppVision competition.
The aim of AppVision is to encourage school students to present an idea for a future application for any smart phone or tablet device (iPhone, iPad, Galaxy, etc).
27 April 2019
Block 15, UOWD Campus, Knowledge Park
Who can join?
This competition is open to all Grade 9 - 12 students who wish to participate.
What is needed?
- A team of students with a mentor
- A cool idea of a Software Project or an iPhone/ iPad / tablet / PC App.
- A poster describing your idea (What it is, target market, why it is needed)
- Basic Non-Functional Interface of the App
- A working prototype is NOT required but if you have one available, it can be displayed.
Why be part of it?
- To showcase the competencies and skills of our young talent in the region
- To allow high schools students to mingle with university graduates as well as industry practitioners such as Microsoft, and GE.
- You can win valuable prizes (Scholarships, Smart Phones and Tablets)
How to register?
- Register ONLINE with your Team Member Names, School and Project Title.
- Registration is FREE of charge and include breakfast and lunch
- Deadline for registration: 17 April 2019
- Prepare a poster (A1 or A2) to be displayed during the contest day.
- The poster should include details about your App idea including: a summary, features, non-functional interface, what is unique about the app, why do we need it, who will use it and some pictures which will help us to understand it better. A working prototype is NOT required but if there is one, it will be presented to the judges.
- Be on time: Please arrive at the AppVision venue (Dubai Knowledge Park, Block 15, UOWD main building) at 10:30 am -11:00 am to setup your displays.
- Each team will have:
- Power Supply,
- Wifi Access,
- and a table to setup their posters and put their laptops (if they want to show more).
- Each team will have only 5 minutes to pitch their ideas for each judge so make sure you know what to say (practice well). 5 minutes can make it or break it !
- Registration fee for each team is FREE. Kindly collect your registration file on the registration desk (to get the badges, certificates, brochure...).
- Snacks will be served throughout the day. Lunch buffet will be served at 1:00 pm.
- The closing ceremony will conclude at 2:30 pm (after the lunch buffet) in the auditorium.
- The top two (2) teams will be awarded prizes (scholarships and prizes) along with other 'surprise' awards.
- Dress professional and get ready to have fun, impress the judges and make your school proud.
- The event will be covered by a post-event press release which will be publish on our website, social media channels and may also appear in several newspapers. Social media coverage will take place during the event on the day.
The projects will be judged by a selected group of Industry Experts
For more information, call 050 114 3757 or email Prof Mohamed Watfa at MohamedWatfa@uowdubai.ac.ae