Temporary Closure of UOWD in March - Official Student Communication
The UAE Ministry of Education have announced on Tuesday night the early start of spring vacation for schools and universities. In accordance with the guidelines issued by the UAE Ministry of Education, UOWD will close on Sunday 8 March 2020 and reopen on 5 April 2020. We will be making the following changes to our academic calendar:
- 8 March – 19 March: Spring Break for two weeks.
- 22 March – 2 April: UOWD will resume teaching using distance learning for two weeks.
- 5 April: UOWD will resume regular teaching for the rest of the Spring semester.
The health, wellbeing and safety of our students, staff and their families are a priority for us at UOWD. In the next two weeks, we will be focusing on providing the necessary teaching, operational and technical support to all students at UOWD to prepare for the use of tools for distance learning. You will be informed of this shortly with revisions to your academic calendar which will be uploaded on Moodle.
Please note that no classes will take place on campus for the four weeks (8 March to 4 April).
During the next 4 weeks, it is essential that students maintain regular access to Moodle, as this will be the primary mode of communication.
Important Information for UOWD Students
- All the necessary details for access to lectures and tutorials (laboratory sessions will be rescheduled once the University reopens on 5 April) will be uploaded on Moodle subject site.
- All changes to dates of internal assessments (midterms and other form of assessment) will be uploaded on your Moodle subject site.
- Your lecturers will provide on Moodle, all the necessary details for access to lectures, and tutorials. Laboratory sessions will be rescheduled once the University reopen on 5 April.
- The timetable remains unchanged and your lectures and tutorials are as per the current timetable.
- Consultation hours will be provided as per current schedule and academic staff will be available either over the phone or through the use of Moodle.
- All changes to date of internal assessments (midterms and other form of assessment) will be uploaded on Moodle.
- The schedule for Final Exams is as per the originally published timetable.
During this time, the following Student Services will be available to students on campus:
- Library: Open from 8am to 6pm (only for borrowing/returning books – studying in the library and using the library computer labs are not permitted during this time).
- Alumni Relations Office: Will be closed for graduation related inquiries from students until advised.
- Alumni Relations Office: 9am to 5pm for alumni related inquiries. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 04 278 1721.
- Uniclinic – will be closed during the 4 week period.
- Student Counsellor: available via phone or email. Email Counsellor@uowdubai.ac.ae, Phone: 04 278 1751
- Careers Services: Email: Careers@uowdubai.ac.ae, Phone: 04 278 1752 or 04 278 1753
- Clubs and sports activities have been halted until further notice. For related queries you can write to StudentServices@uowdubai.ac.ae
- Transport will be running a reduced service from the student residences to the campus, but not from the metro station.
- Registrar’s Office: 8:30am to 5pm. Email: Registrar@uowdubai.ac.ae, Phone: 04 278 1731
Rest assured that UOWD faculty and professional staff will be available during regular hours to ensure the continuity of your learning experience and to support you with IT needs. In each of the Faculties, the Deans and the Program Directors have been preparing for the minimising of any disruption to your studies and are fully committed to providing you with an enhanced distance learning experience. All lectures will be held as per the scheduled timetable. We look forward to the resumption of the regular running of classes in a month’s time. Please be sure to remain in touch with your respective lecturers, and engage with the Moodle site for more information.
While the university will remain closed to students during this time, all administration and support departments, including the admissions and registrar departments will continue to function normally.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to the relevant department for any support you may require at this time.
Admissions Department: email@example.com, Phone: 04 278 1800
Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 04 278 1731
Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences: FacultyOffice@uowdubai.ac.ae, Phone: 04 278 1909
Faculty of Business: FacultyOffice@uowdubai.ac.ae, Phone: 04 278 1907
The School of Humanities, Social Sciences and Health: KanganAggarwal@uowdubai.ac.ae, Phone: 04 278 1983 or Roaaataya@uowdubai.ac.ae, Phone: 04 278 1797
UOWD College: UOWDCollegeAdmin@uowdubai.ac.ae, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 04 278 1792 / 04 278 1796 / 04 278 1781 / 04 278 1783
Cashier: email@example.com, Phone: 04 278 1830, Timings: 8:30am to 6:00pm (Sunday to Thursday)
Transportation: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 04 278 1758