31 May | 1 June | 8 June | 14 June
Last Day to register
26 May 2019
(VAT 5% inclusive)
With its promise of reducing cost, time, friction, and fraud in business transactions and ensuring trust, identity management and reputation management, companies around the world are now contemplating their transition to Blockchain versions of themselves.
In partnership with IBM’s skills academy, the University of Wollongong in Dubai is offering the Blockchain Developer Training. This track introduces professionals to Blockchain concepts such as business networks, participants, assets, and trusted transactions, using Hyperledger Fabric, Hyperledger Composer, and the IBM Blockchain Platform. Through this training, attendees will gain knowledge and hands-on skills in topics such as shared ledger, smart contracts, consensus, and Blockchain solutions’ architecture, thus enabling them to transition their businesses and business processes to Blockchain based implementations and deployments. Furthermore, upon the successful completion of the training and exam, attendees will be awarded IBM’s Blockchain Developer’s Mastery Badge.
What the Programs Covers
This program will allow participants to:
- Acquire knowledge and practical skills in the design and implementation of Business Blockchain-based solutions.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of Blockchain related concepts, including:
- The role of a shared ledger
- The benefits of a Blockchain platform
- The capabilities of Hyperledger Composer
- Blockchain solutions’ architecture
- The elements of a business network and the role of channels
- Hyperledger Fabric application development
- Blockchain deployment, security, and integration capabilities
- Analyse scenarios and use cases for potential transition to a Blockchain-based implementation.
- Apply the learned concepts and gain hands-on skills with practical Blockchain platforms and tools, such as Hyperledger Fabric and Hyperledger Composer.
- Obtain an IBM Digital Certification in Blockchain Development.
Key Program Benefits
Upon completing this training and receiving your IBM Mastery Badge as Blockchain Developer, you will be able to:
- Ensure that your business/organisation stays relevant by exploring the opportunities for Blockchain based solutions.
- Analyse the suitability and potential benefits of Blockchain deployments in your Organisation.
- Design, implement, and deploy Blockchain business applications, using the Hyperledger platform.
- Secure Blockchain-based applications.
- Integrate Blockchain-based applications with existing systems.
- Become a Certified Blockchain Developer./li>
Who should take this course?
Recognising Blockchain as the next wave of evolution in the world of business transactions, nations around the world are investigating its adoption in dierent sectors, including government, healthcare, education, and others. The Dubai Smart Government has defined its Blockchain strategy that aims at transforming Dubai into the first city fully powered by Blockchain, by 2020. This course is ideal for senior managers, middle managers, entrepreneurs and business owners who have a keen interest in investing in and adopting Blockchain technology. It is also aimed at those in more technical roles who would like to take on a leadership role in implementing streamlined and ecient Blockchain-based business solutions.
What you will learn
This training program consists of 40 hours of instructor-led training and self-paced readings. The instructor-led training combines traditional teaching components, with case studies, in-class discussions and hands-on activities performed on virtual labs, to enable working knowledge and experience with the Blockchain technology and its related tools.