Dubai time 8:30am-11:30am (Sydney time 2:30pm-5:30pm)
30 Oct, 6, 13, 20, 27 Nov & 4 Dec 2020
AED 5,775* (External Participants)
AED 3,150* (UOWD Student & Alumni)
*VAT 5% inclusive
The course starts with an introduction to supply chain and logistics and the inherent problems identified with managing these. Relevant and effective simulation tools such as AnyLogistix, are introduced. The course concludes with a challenging industry-based take-home exercise.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Apply a systems lense to supply chain and logistics decision making
- Comprehend a large number of relevant quantitative methods in logistics
- Select and apply appropriate quantitative methods to a given logistics problem
- Manipulate data to optimise supply chain/ logistics performances using IT solutions
- Assess the relevance of methods, tools and techniques for the wider supply chain
What is unique about this course?
- You will learn more about the application of different quantitative methods to solve logistics problems
- You will gain a hands-on experience on using IT simulation
- You will learn from real-world case studies
Who should take this course?
Industry professionals and students in the field of Supply Chain Planning and Management would benefit by learning how to use data analytics to optimise logistics system performance.
Introductory course: introducing concepts, methods or tools to relevant students or professionals
Basic knowledge of Supply Chain and Logistics, and familiarity with Excel is recommended.
Render, Barry, and Ralph M. Stair Jr. Quantitative Analysis for Management, 12e. Pearson Education India, 2006.
This course is being delivered in conjunction with UOW SMART Infrastructure Facility, which is an international leader in applied infrastructure research helping to address the challenges of infrastructure planning and management both now and into the future.