Entrants to the competition need to adhere the following competition rules and guidelines
- The photos submitted by UOW Dubai entrants in the competition must be from Dubai (city and campus locations) and photos submitted by UOW Australia entrants in the competition must be from local University of Wollongong campuses (Sydney CBS, Western Sydney, Wollongong, Southern Sydney, Southern Highlands, Bega, Batemans Bay, Shoalhaven and Innovation campuses) and their surroundings (city and campus locations)
- The Photo(s) cannot be used by the Entrant post-entry on any online or offline platforms nor can it be shared by the Entrant with a third party (such as entering it to another competition or submitting it to a stock photo website etc)
- Photographs will only be accepted; neither videos nor paintings will be,
- Photo(s) captions must accompany all submissions, and should include the subject of the image, the location where the image was taken, the name of the photographer and the participant/student number.
- Photo can be either a mix of black and white or colour,
- Photos should be submitted as JPG or TIFF artwork files. The minimum size is 25MB per photo,
- Each participant is limited to submit three (3) Photos only. Only one Entry per Entrant may be shortlisted.
- Only single exposure and single frame pictures will be accepted (Digital Media),
- Photo(s) must be suitable for displaying in a public environment.
- The following photos will not be accepted and may result of an immediate elimination to the participant from the competition:
- Multiple exposures, polyptychs (diptychs, triptychs, and so forth),
- Stitched panoramas, either produced in-camera or with image editing software,
- Human nudity photos are strictly forbidden,
- The wilful harassment of wildlife,
- To cause material damages to the environment by the photographer,
- To put any individual or animal in danger,
- To infringe on the rights of any other photographer, moral or physical person(s)
- The content of a photo must not be altered by adding, rearranging, reversing, distorting or removing people and/or objects from within the frame. However, there are two exceptions:
- Cropping that removes extraneous details is permitted;
- Removing sensor dust or scratches on scans of negatives is also permitted.
- Adjustments of color or conversion to grayscale that do not alter content are permitted, with two exceptions:
- That the changes in color may not result in significant changes in hue, to such an extent that the processed colors diverge from the original colors, and
- The changes in density, contrast, color and/or saturation levels that significantly alter content by obscuring or eliminating information in the picture are not permitted.
Judging Panel and Selection Committee
Our panel of judges consists of two distinguished professors from the University of Wollongong in Dubai and one member of the School of the Arts, English and Media, University of Wollongong, Australia.
Winners and Prizes
SHORTLISTED Candidates: The 15 shortlisted candidates will each receive $100 AUD or its equivalent in UAE Dirhams
WINNERS: The five winners will each receive $500 AUD or its equivalent in UAE Dirhams
The 15 shortlisted artwork submissions will be revealed at a dedicated launch event at the University of Wollongong in Dubai, hosted by the judging panel in June 2020 whilst the five winning artworks will be revealed and awarded on the night
- Entrants will grant all rights to any photograph(s) submitted to UOWGE or its subsidiary - including ownership if applicable.
- Before entrants are formally honoured by the competition, UOWGE will make contact with the entrant to confirm that they will do all things necessary to grant rights to the photograph.
- If the photograph is formally honoured by the competition, the entrant will do all things necessary, including sign any deed or document, to:
- assign the right, title and ownership of the photograph and any intellectual property rights to UOWGE or its subsidiary; and
- provide consent in favour of UOWGE, its subsidiaries and its authorised licensees or assignees, to use the photograph in any way or for any purpose including for the photograph to be displayed on University property (owned or leased), and use of the photograph for social media and other marketing opportunities.