Please read these terms carefully before using the Online Payment Facility. For using the online payment facility on this website you must accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use this facility.
Definitions and Interpretation
The terms used in this agreement have the meanings set out below unless the context requires otherwise:
Card Supplier means the institution which owns the credit card you are using on the Online Payment Facility.
Online Payment Facility means the internet based payment system provided by Mashreq Bank and operated on behalf of the University of Wollongong in Dubai.
Student Account means the account operated and maintained by the University to record the fees, charges, fines or other debts owed to it by an individual student.
The University means “University of Wollongong in Dubai”.
You mean the individual setting up a payment via the Online Payment Facility
All payments are subject to the following conditions: -
- You warrant that in using the Online Payment Facility you are authorized to use the debit/credit card for the payment or payments you are making.
- Payments received will not be posted to the Student Account until the following working day.
- The University cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the correct Student Account due to you providing incorrect details whether personal or otherwise.
- The University cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the correct Student Account where payment is refused or declined by the Card Supplier for any reason.
- If the card issuer declines payment, the University is under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. It is your responsibility to check with the Card issuing bank that payment has been deducted from the debit or credit account.
- Payments taken in error by the University will be refunded fully.
- All other refunds will be made in accordance with UOWD Fees policy.
Online payment via your debit/credit card will be processed by the service provider (a leading credit card solutions provider based in the UAE, certified by both Visa & MasterCard for debit/credit card payments in the Middle East).
UOWD does not receive, store, or disseminate your card information, nor will it have any liability to you in connection with debit/credit card information transmitted to the service provider, or such online payment. Any dispute regarding credit card payments/transactions should be addressed directly to the Card issuing bank.
Online Payments of Fees can be made by Master or Visa cards only. These payments are not collected by the University directly but by the Service Provider.
When a student makes an online payment then they will receive a confirmation e-mail. If this is not received within 2 days, it is the responsibility of the student to check with the University that the payment has been accepted.
Early Bird Scholarship Terms & Conditions
1. 2,000 AED additional discount to be used in conjunction with the early bird and international discount
A discount of 2,000 AED per student will be applied to their first semester fees, if students meet all of the following conditions:
- Make a minimum payment of 2,500 AED prior to the discount deadline.
- The payment is received 2 weeks before the discount deadline (22th November 2021 for students availing the early bird first level discount) and
- Full payment of trimester 1 fees is received before the discount deadline.
If a student does not pay the first semester fees in full before the early bird discount deadline they will forfeit the 2,000 AED discount and have their early bird discount changed to one that is applicable on the date they make payment.
2. Non-refundable tuition fee deposit
For Winter 2022, UOWD are introducing a 2,500 AED non-refundable deposit for any students making a payment. The 2,500 AED will not be refunded if a student either does not enrol, or enrols and decides to withdraw within a two week period after the beginning of the semester.
This means that if for example a student pays 10,000 AED towards their first semester fees, and for any reason they do not enrol, or withdraws within two weeks after the beginning of the semester, they will only be refunded 7,500 AED.
For deferrals the 2,500 AED non-refundable deposit can be carried forward to future intakes.
Should you require any further details at all in relation to any part of the Online payment process, please contact our Finance Department directly on
+971 4 2781830 or e-mail: [email protected] between the hours of 8.30 am – 6.30 pm Sunday to Thursday.