UOWD Career Fair 2019 - 26 February 2019
The Career fair is a networking opportunity for undergraduates, graduates and alumni to meet with employers about potential specific job openings, internships and co-op opportunities.
The Career Fair can serve as a point-of-first contact for students as they take the first steps in their professional careers.
This is your chance to promote yourself and learn about hiring organizations and employment / internship openings. Take advantage!
Tips to prepare for the event
- Simplify your goals. Why are you attending the fair and what do you hope to get out of it? Are you looking for a seasonal internship, or a full time position? Or are you simply exploring probable career options?
- Categorize the organizations that interest you. It is a good idea to classify the organizations that you would like to talk to and prepare a list of questions to ask. Visit their website, read about the company and on the open position(s) so that you’ll be prepared.
- Recognize your strengths. Having self-awareness about your personality, interests, skills, and experience are essential groundwork for your conversations with employers.
- Bring your resume. Get your resume screened by the Career Advisors a week in advance. You should bring several copies of your resume.
- “Elevator Speech”. Be prepared to share a one-minute summary about yourself, as it will introduce you to the employer in a meaningful and effective manner.
- Dress in a professional manner. A suit/formal shirt and tie/ is always appropriate. No Jeans or casual wear/casual shoes. Strictly only closed shoes
- Communicate professionally. When introducing yourself to employers, maintain good eye contact and have a firm handshake
- Bring your Student ID. You will need your student ID to register on the day of the event.
Venue: Block 1, Dubai knowledge park
Time: 10AM- 3:30PM
For further assistance on your CV and preparation, please visit the Career Development Centre, Block 5, # 035
Career Advisor UOWD