Faculty of Business and UOWD College
Mahshid Baghestani is an Instructor at both UOWD College and Faculty of Business (undergraduate level) at the University of Wollongong in Dubai. She is a current PhD Candidate at the University of Wollongong in Australia and her thesis is focused on ‘Workplace Bullying and Understanding Social/Group behaviours in the United Arab Emirates’.
She believes in student-centred and practical learning approach, through active student engagement and involvement, to achieve teaching and learning objectives.
- PhD Candidate, Social Sciences, Psychology (Organisational Psychology) (University of Wollongong in Australia)
- Master of Strategic Human Resource Management (University of Wollongong in Dubai)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (University of Wollongong in Dubai)
- Baghestani, M., & Thirlwall, A., & Verenikina, I. (2021), The Cultural Beauty and Challenges of Studying an Under-researched Part of the World: Insights from the Modern UAE, Presented at 12th International Conference on Workplace Bullying and Harassment, Dubai, The United Arab Emirates, 12-14 April 2021.
- Thirlwall, A., Kuzemski D., Brunton, M., Baghestani, M. & Brownie, S. (under review) “Every Day is a Challenge”: Expatriate acculturation in the United Arab Emirates, International Journal of Cross Cultural Management
- Baghestani, M., & Thirlwall, A. (2018), Managing Workplace Bullying in Multicultural Contexts: The Impact of Social Identity and Social Categorization, Presented at 11th International Conference on Workplace Bullying and Harassment, Bordeaux, France, 6-8 June 2018.
- Baghestani, M., & Thirlwall, A. (2016), Making a Line in the Sand: An Exploration of Perceptions and Negative Behaviours in a Multi-Cultural Setting, Presented at 10th International Conference on Workplace Bullying and Harassment, Auckland, New Zealand, 19-22 April 2016.
- Thirlwall, A., Bocanet, A., & Baghestani, M. (2016), Managing Employee Behaviour for Sustainable Outcomes in the UAE: An HR Perspective, Presented at The International Conference on Organisation and Management, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 20-21 November 2016.
Ms Baghestani’s research interests are Organizational Conflict, Workplace Bullying, Social Identity and intergroup Relations as well as Managing Across Cultures.
Ms Baghestani currently teaches Business and Consumer Studies subject at UOWD College as well as Management/HR related subjects/tutorials at FoB, undergraduate level.