At UOWD we understand that to truly make a difference to the world our research needs to be conducted with a global perspective.
We've developed key research partnerships and collaborations with institutes, governments, corporations and individual researchers across the region and internationally to help solve complex, real-world problems.
The UOWD Research Committee (URC) is responsible for research-related activities and for promoting a dynamic culture of research at the University. The URC undertakes a number of activities towards fulfilling the research aims of the University, including:
- The provision of research support and training for UOWD staff
- Formulating and implementing research plans,
- Developing policies, procedures and guidelines,
- Fostering existing and emerging research strengths, and
- Creating a suitable infrastructure to support high quality research projects and initiatives.
The URC is also responsible for promoting research partnerships with the government and the private sector in the Gulf region.