Established in 1993, University of Wollongong in Dubai (UOWD) was the first international and Australian university in the UAE, and is now part of a global brand that has campuses in Australia, Hong Kong and Malaysia.
With a 26-year track record, the University offers internationally-recognised degrees that are accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA), Australia’s independent national quality assurance and regulatory agency for higher education, the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the UAE Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs, and the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA).
UOWD’s curriculum and teaching practices reflect those of UOW Australia, which ranks among the top 2% of universities worldwide. The institution offers 45 programs including foundation courses and undergraduate and postgraduate degrees spanning 10 industry sectors, such as engineering, business, ICT, educational studies, nursing, communications and media. These degrees are formally recognised by leading professional organisations such as ACCA, CPA, AHRI, CIM, CIMA, CIPS, EFQM and ACS.
UOWD has a strong cohort of highly qualified academic staff, each holding PhD degrees and recognised as leaders in their fields of expertise, with strong global and industry ties. UOWD’s faculty members are active researchers, involved in research activities across 100 different fields.
UOWD’s programs are aligned with national priorities and are tailored to meet the demands and needs of the global employment market. With the support of industry experts, it integrates real-world practices with theory to ensure that students are equipped to address complex business problems.
UOWD boasts many alumni who have made a mark across the world through notable contributions in various industries and professional sectors at leading multinational organisations such as Microsoft, GE, IBM, Deloitte, Fedex, 3M, Adidas, Amazon, Emirates, Etisalat, ADCB and Pepsico.
UOWD offers international students the opportunity to transfer between the university’s campuses for a holistic global higher education experience, and degrees can either be issued from Australia or the UAE.
As part of its continued pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, industry engagement and student experience, UOWD will inaugurate its new purpose-built 200,000-square-foot campus at Dubai Knowledge Park in 2020. Featuring cutting-edge technologies, modern architecture, and a mix of traditional and innovative learning spaces, the campus will provide an enriched experience to meet the demands of today’s student population, while supporting the teaching staff and community research projects.
UOWD is the highest ranked Australian university in the UAE, and currently has over 3,500 students from 108 nationalities and a global community of 152,000 alumni.
UOWD provides a range of scholarships to new and continuing students, at the beginning of autumn semester each year and ranges from 15% - 50%* for undergraduate students and 15% - 25%* for postgraduate students. Scholarships are limited and awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
The following scholarship schemes are available:
- Academic Merit Scholarships
- Sports Scholarships - Adam Gilchrist Sports Award
For more information, please visit the links below:
UOWD offers three intakes per year. Summer semester is optional but ideal for students who wish to fast-track their studies. Our intakes are:
- Spring – January
- Summer – May
- Autumn – August
Programs of Study
Foundation Studies Program
Undergraduate Academic Programs
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Commerce (majors in Marketing, Management, Human Resources, Management International Business, Finance and Accountancy)
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science: Digital Systems Security
- Bachelor of Computer Science: Multimedia and Game Development
- Bachelor of Information Technology: Management Information Systems
- Bachelor of Communication and Media (Digital and Social Media, Global Screen Media, Visual Communication Design, Marketing Communication and Advertising)
- Bachelor of Engineering (majors in Electrical, Telecommunication, Computer, Civil and Mechanical Engineering)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Bridging)
Postgraduate Academic Programs
- Global Executive Master of Luxury Management (GEMLux)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business (Marketing)
- Master of Business (Management)
- Master of Business (International Business)
- Master of Business (Financial Management)
- Master of Business (Innovation & Entrepreneurship)
- Master of Business (Human Resource Management)
- Master of Applied Finance (Investing)
- Master of Applied Finance (Financial Services)
- Master of Applied Finance (Corporate Treasury)
- Master of Applied Finance (Islamic Banking and Finance)
- Master of Science in Logistics
- Master of Quality Management
- Master of Engineering Management
- Master of Information Technology Management
- Master of International Relations
- Master of Media and Communications
- Master of Educational Studies
- Master of Nursing
Postgraduate Research Program
- Doctorate in Philosophy (PhD)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies
- UOWD English Language Pathway
- Global English Skills
- Corporate Language Training
- Arabic Language Program
- IELTS Test Preparation and Testing
- OET Preparation and Testing
University of Wollongong in Dubai
Block 5, 14 & 15, Dubai Knowledge Park
P.O. Box 20183
Telephone: +971 800 UOWD (toll-free, within the UAE only) or +971 4 2781800
Fax: +971 4 2781801