The University of Wollongong in Dubai (UOWD) is one of the region’s oldest, most prestigious and forward-thinking tertiary institutions. Our curriculum and teaching practices reflect those of UOW Australia, which constantly ranks among the top 2% of universities worldwide, and are nationally and internationally recognised.
Our continuous efforts in providing an education of world-class standards, are evident in our longstanding ranking in graduate employability and also the reason why our graduates are highly sought after by employers.
UOWD is truly a dynamic and diverse institution that offers a broad spectrum of programs in Business, Engineering, Information Sciences as well as Humanities, Social Sciences and Health, aiming to develop graduates who are ethical, mobile, technologically literate and ready for multicultural workplaces. Our programs are relevant and industry related with a strong focus on encouraging creative and critical thinking, problem-solving and the development of unique leadership skillsets.
All our programs are aligned with national priorities yet tailored to meet the demands and needs of the global employment market. With the support of industry experts, it integrates real-world practices with theory ensuring our students are equipped to address complex business problems.
Our faculty consist of highly respected academics from across the globe who brings with them extensive teaching, research and industry experience. UOWD’s faculty are active researchers and focused on producing outstanding research with outcomes that will benefit the community on a regional and international level.
UOWD is located in the heart of Dubai, UAE’s biggest and fastest growing business capital and studying at our University, will provide you with opportunities to broaden your international perspective and equip you with the skills to become global change-makers.
The University is an ideal choice for overseas students looking for an internationally accredited degree, close to home and can support the visa process for non-resident students who wish to enrol in a full-time study program.
Our internationally recognised qualifications enable UOWD graduates to pursue rewarding careers and our more than 9,500 alumni include many high profile graduates in senior positions in public and private sectors across the region.
Local and International Accreditation
All UOWD academic programs are accredited by the UAE Ministry of Education - Higher Education Affairs and quality assured by the University of Wollongong in Australia, which is registered with the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA), the national regulator of the higher education sector in Australia. UOW is one of only two Australian universities to achieve 5-stars in all student experience measures in the 2018 Good Universities Guide: Overall experience; Skills development; Student support; Teaching quality and Learning resources and learner engagement. Against this benchmark, students at UOWD can be assured an international standard of education, earning a degree that is recognised locally and can be transferred to an Australian qualification on completion of study.
UOWD provides a range of scholarships to new and continuing students, at the beginning of autumn semester each year and ranges from 15% - 50%* for undergraduate students and 15% - 25%* for postgraduate students. Scholarships are limited and awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
The following scholarship schemes are available:
- Academic Merit Scholarships
- Sports Scholarships - Adam Gilchrist Sports Award
For more information, please visit the links below:
UOWD offers three intakes per year. Summer semester is optional but ideal for students who wish to fast-track their studies. Our intakes are:
- Spring – February
- Summer – June
- Autumn – September
Programs of Study
Foundation Studies Program
Undergraduate Academic Programs
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Commerce (majors in Marketing, Management, Human Resources, Management International Business, Finance and Accountancy)
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science: Digital Systems Security
- Bachelor of Computer Science: Multimedia and Game Development
- Bachelor of Information Technology: Management Information Systems
- Bachelor of Engineering (majors in Electrical, Telecommunication, Computer, Civil and Mechanical Engineering)
Postgraduate Academic Programs
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business (Marketing)
- Master of Business (Management)
- Master of Business (International Business)
- Master of Business (Financial Management)
- Master of Business (Innovation & Entrepreneurship)
- Master of Business (Human Resource Management)
- Master of Applied Finance (Investing)
- Master of Applied Finance (Financial Services)
- Master of Applied Finance (Corporate Treasury)
- Master of Applied Finance (Islamic Banking and Finance)
- Master of Science in Logistics
- Master of Quality Management
- Master of Engineering Management
- Master of Engineering Asset Management
- Master of Information Technology Management
- Master of International Studies
- Master of Media and Communications
- Master of Educational Studies
Postgraduate Research Programs
- Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA)
- Doctorate in Philosophy (PhD)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies
- Full-time Academic English Pathway (UniPrep - English for University studies)
- General English Part-time Pathway (English Language Part-time and IELTS)
- IELTS Test Preparation and IELTS Test
- Arabic Language Program
University of Wollongong in Dubai
Block 5, 14 & 15, Dubai Knowledge Park
P.O. Box 20183
Telephone: +971 800 UOWD (toll-free, within the UAE only) or +971 4 2781800
Fax: +971 4 2781801