Bachelor of Computer Science (Cyber Security)
3 Years Bachelor Degree
4 Years Bachelor Degree
with Integrated Freshman Year (32 subjects)
AED 57,551 / USD 15,681
*VAT 5% inclusive
Note: Yearly fees will vary depending
on number of subjects enrolled in
Information security is becoming an increasingly important aspect of information technology and has been identified as one of the strategic priorities globally to meet demands of law enforcement, national and state governments, and defense, security and finance industries.
With the advancement of Internet of Things (IOT), both the public and private sectors are faced with new types of threats, new vulnerabilities, and hacking techniques and agents. This major will provide graduates with skills to develop secure computers and computer networks, to ensure that the data stored and transmitted is protected from unauthorised access or to combat digital security threats and hazards.
Cyber Security constitutes a strategic objective worldwide, with the main aim of securing information and communication assets. Organizations across all industries are faced with unmanageable levels of cyber threats brought on by a changing threat landscape. UOWD's Bachelor of Computer Science major in Cyber Security focuses on producing qualified technical aspects that can meet the national, regional, and international demands in information and cyber security.
Students who have excelled academically at school and meet our advance entry requirements can finish their bachelor's degree in three years, instead of the existing four-year programs. Any prospective student that does not directly qualify for an advance entry three-year program, is still able to enrol in any of our bachelor’s degree, through a one-year Freshman Year.
Admission requirements for UOWD depends on the type of high school curriculum you have followed. The requirements based on the most common high school curricula are listed below:
|School System||Bachelor Degree
|N/A||Elite or Advanced Track 70%,
General Track 75%
|American High School Diploma||Overall average grade of C
(70% or 2.5/4.0) + SAT 1100
|Overall average grade of C
(70% or 2.5/4.0)
|GPA of 4.0 / 5.0||GPA of 3.0 / 5.0|
|British GCE Curriculum||Minimum 5 IGCSE/GCSE subjects
and Minimum of “CCD” in A levels
|Minimum 5 IGCSE/GCSE subjects
and 2AS/ 1A level subject(s)
|Chinese Senior High School||80%||60%|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma||25 Points||21 Points|
CBSE & ICSE, Grade 12
WAEC & NECO
|N/A||Minimum of 7 subjects with no
more than 1 “Pass”
Higher Secondary School Certificate
- All students applying for these programs are required to have an EmSAT in Mathematics with a score of 600 or equivalent.
- Students with qualifications from other curriculum should contact the Student Recruitment and Admissions department at UOWD to determine their eligibility.
- All students applying from non UAE MoE curriculum must provide an equivalency of their Secondary School Certificate from the Ministry of Education, UAE; stating the completion of Grade 12.
- A student who does not satisfy the criteria for Equivalency of Secondary School Certificate, may be subject to conditional admission, based on receiving a Letter of No Objection to Conditional Admission issued by the Ministry.
At UOWD, all classes are taught in English and in order to enrol in a bachelor’s degree you will need to submit one of the following certificate of English language proficiency:
|English Language Testing||Bachelor Degree
|Overall IELTS (Academic) score of 6.0
& Minimum score of 6.0 in Reading
& Writing Minimum score of 5.0 inListening & Speaking
|Overall IELTS (Academic) score
of 5.0 & Minimum score of 5.0 in
Reading & Writing
|79 with not less than 20 in Writing,
18 in Reading, 17 in Listening,
16 in Speaking
|213 with a 4.0
International paper based
|550 with a 4.0
Achieve – English
* Students with a minimum overall score of 6.0 in academic IELTS and no more than one score (either in reading or writing) between 5.0 and 6.0 will be given the opportunity to complete a remedial subject in the first semester as a condition for progression.
** Students with a minimum overall score of 6.0 in academic IELTS (or equivalent) and a minimum score of 6.0 in reading and writing(or equivalent) are eligible for advanced standing for English Language subjects.
*** Students admitted under this criterion must complete the test at AMIDEAST.
If you are seeking advanced standing status, please submit an official academic transcript showing all courses studied and the grades achieved, syllabus details (including information on course content) for the courses you have completed and an explanation of the grading system.
To make an application for your chosen program, complete the online application form and submit it along with all your supporting documentation (see below) prior to the application deadline.
Late applications may be accepted subject to the availability of places but applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Please ensure that all these documents accompany your application for admission form submittal:
- An original or certified copy of your secondary school records
- A Statement or Certificate of Completion of secondary school
- Proof of your English language proficiency
(Note: Results from IELTS & TOEFL tests may be sent to the University directly from the IELTS or TOEFL testing centres quoting the UOWD institution code IELTS: AE109 / TOEFL: 7907)
- UAE ID (if applying from within the UAE)
- A copy of your passport (and Residence Visa, if resident in the UAE).
Additionally, if you are seeking advance standing in your chosen program:
- Certified copies of official academic transcripts showing all courses studied and grades obtained, syllabus details (including information on course content) of the courses you successfully completed and an explanation of the grading system.
All applicants for admission who have completed the Thanaweya Al-Amma must get their certificates attested by the UAE Ministry of Education.
Applicants from all other curriculum, who have completed their high school from UAE, are required to obtain equivalency of their high school qualifications from the UAE Ministry of Education.
In these circumstances, you will be provisionally admitted to the University and permitted to commence the first semester of study, subject to you obtaining the required attestation/equivalency.
You must have your secondary school records and Certificates of Completion certified by:
- The issuing Board of Secondary Education OR a recognised authority for secondary education
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the host country
- The UAE Embassy in that host country OR the Embassy of the host country in UAE must attest the authenticity of the documents and attestations and the UAE ministry of Foreign Affairs
In special cases where complying with conditions (2) and (3) are not feasible, the certificates may be verified against originals by Embassies in the UAE and the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In these circumstances, you will be provisionally admitted to the University and permitted to commence the first semester of study.
If you are unable to secure the attestations as outlined above you will be asked to sign a “Consent to Provide Documents” form agreeing to secure the equivalency. You will be permitted to commence your studies at UOWD, but will be given a maximum of one semester to obtain the attested certificate(s). UOWD reserves the right to take appropriate action against any applicant who cannot secure the appropriate documentation in this time, which may result in the termination of the student’s enrolment at UOWD.
For more information or assistance on attesting documents from outside UAE, click here.
To qualify for award of the degree of Bachelor of Computer Science (Cyber Security), a candidate shall accrue an aggregate of at least 144 credit points (cp) which include core, electives and general education subjects and final year project.
Take 1 Arabic Language Subject or Challenge Test
Final General Elective
Choose 1 UAE Studies Subject
The growing importance of information security in the global economy has created a strong demand for specialists who can secure the information assets of commercial organizations. Graduates of this major enter professions such as:
- Information Security Analyst
- Lead Software Security Engineer
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- Security Architect
- Penetration Tester/ Ethical Hacker
- Information Security Crime Investigator/Forensics Expert
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Cybersecurity Auditor
- Security Auditor
- Security Consultant
Accreditation and Recognition
All degrees at the University of Wollongong in Dubai are accredited by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the UAE Ministry of Education and are licensed by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA). In addition, the degree is quality assured by UOW, which is registered with the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA), the national regulator of the higher education sector in Australia.
Students will be issued a UOW Australia degree upon graduation.
Australian Computer Society (ACS)
ACS promotes quality in ICT-related higher education to meet future industry needs. ACS sets graduate standards, drives improvements and refinements, and gives recognition to quality programs. ACS also ensures that new specialist courses build key skills for critical emerging fields.
Dr Soly Mathew Biju
(Discipline Leader - Computer Science)
Dr Soly Mathew Biju's research interests include software testing, cryptography, e-learning, innovations in teaching, agile software development and programming techniques. She has several years experience in network administration and software development.Read More