Dubai is the business, financial and leisure capital of the Middle East Region and boasts a highly developed economy and infrastructure. Its strategic location provides easy access to Middle East, Indian Subcontinent, China, Africa and other CIS countries.
Whilst Dubai is considered to be the shopping capital of the Middle East that offers a cosmopolitan lifestyle, it is also a regional centre for higher education catering to a large body of international students.
The UAE is considered the 2nd safest country and Dubai being the 7th safest city in the world as per the 2021 Mid-Year Numbeo Crime Index making it a very attractive destination for international students and visitors.
Shopping in Dubai
There’s no better place in the region to embark on some retail therapy than in Dubai. Home to nearly 100 shopping malls including the famous Mall of the Emirates and Dubai Mall, traditional souks and the highest number of food and beverage outlets per capita in the world, Dubai is truly a shopper’s paradise.
Some of the most visited shopping destinations include:
- Mall of the Emirates featuring an indoor ski resort with 22,500 square meters of indoor ski area and plenty of budget-friendly, high-end and luxury retail stores.
- Dubai Mall, one of the world's largest shopping malls in UAE that overlooks the famous Burj Khalifa and Dubai Fountain and a retail haven for shoppers.
- Bur Dubai Souk, a lively waterfront marketplace with vendors selling from textiles to lighting and purses and is the perfect stop for souvenirs.
- Palm Jumeirah, the world-famous tree-shaped man-made island known for its upmarket global restaurants, fancy hotels and luxurious shopping experiences with the new Nakheel Mall, Golden Mile Galleria and The Point centrally located.
- City Walk Mall that is an urban living concept where you can find high-end international fashion and accessories, and a variety of restaurants.
- Souk Madinat Jumeirah, a traditional Middle Eastern marketplace and in close proximity of Burj Al Arab and Wild Wadi Waterpark. It offers a selection of dining spots on the banks of a river and
- Dubai Marina Mall is located right on the waterfront and will offer yet another option to indulge in some retail therapy.
The Dubai Shopping Festival, that runs from January to February and the Dubai Summer Surprises, held from June to August are two major events in the region’s retail calendar.
UOWD’s campus is at the heart of Dubai’s training hub, Knowledge Park. The Dubai Knowledge Park development offers easy public transport links from the Dubai Internet City metro station, as well as a range of food and shopping outlets and onsite service providers.