Master of International Business
18 - 24 months
10 - 12 subjects
AED 9,415.35 / USD 2,565 per subject
*VAT 5% inclusive
Globalization has created increasing economic interdependence between countries and regions, such that companies today need to integrate with the world economy for carrying out their business activities. To be successful in business, it is important for business managers to understand how international business operations can be leveraged to benefit from global connectedness. According to WTO statistics, participation in international business allows firms to take advantage of specialized expertise and abundant factors of production to deliver goods and services into the international marketplace. This has the benefit of increasing the variety of goods and services available in the marketplace.
Studying our Master of International Business degree in Dubai will allow you to deeply understand global/regional business issues and specialize your knowledge and skills related to international business in theoretical and practical ways. It will also help you develop business analytics skills in key international business sectors and enrich your global perspective of the 'connectedness' of businesses, markets, people and information across countries.
Join the top students from across the globe and prepare and upskill yourself for an outstanding career with our two-year Master Program of International Business!
Students applying for a master's degree must have completed a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) at an accredited institution of higher education and have achieved the minimum grades outlined below:
GPA 2.5-2.99 or equivalent
GPA 2.0-2.49 or equivalent
|10 Point System: 7.0/10.0
|10 Point System: 6.0/10.0
|10 Point System: 5.0/10.0
|4 Point System: 3.0/4.0
|4 Point System: 2.5/4.0
|4 Point System: 2.0/4.0
|70/100 or 4/5
|65/100 or 3.5/5
|60/100 or 3/5
|Average of 4
|Average of 3.5
|Average of 3
|2nd Class Honours with lower division (or min 50%)
|Pass (or min 40%)
* Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of study, or its equivalent, with an overall GPA between 2.5 and 2.99 (on a 4.0 scale) may be conditionally admitted to a master’s program, only if they meet the necessary English language requirement. Such students must take a maximum of 18cp of subjects studied for the master’s degree during the period of conditional admission and must achieve an overall WAM of 55 in their first 3 subjects at the University. Students who fail to achieve this standard may have their enrolment discontinued.
** Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of study, or its equivalent, with an overall GPA between 2.0 and 2.49 (on a 4.0 scale) may be conditionally admitted to a master’s degree, only if they meet the necessary English language requirement and they will be required to complete a maximum of 18cp remedial non-credit bearing subjects prior to enrolment in their chosen master’s degree. Students must achieve a minimum WAM of 55 in these subjects in order to progress to the master’s degree or may have their enrolment discontinued.
 Unless otherwise stated, the entry requirements above are based on Section I institutions. Further details on alternate entry requirements can be obtained by contacting the Admissions department.
At UOWD, all classes are taught in English and in order to enrol in a master's degree you will need to submit one of the following certificate of English language proficiency:
|English Language Test
|Overall score of 6.0 with 6.0 in Reading and Writing and 5.0 in Listening and Speaking
|79 with not less than 20 in Writing, 18 in Reading, 17 in Listening, 16 in Speaking
|213 with a 4.0 TWE/Essay Writing
International paper based
|550 with a 4.0 TWE/Essay Writing
Note: Students who have achieved an overall Academic IELTS score of 6, but with a minimum of 5 in reading and writing for their relevant program, may opt to take Academic Writing as an additional subject during their first semester at an additional fee of AED 1,050/USD 286. A 50% pass rate is required to clear the post enrolment condition. Alternatively, the student may opt to retake the IELTS test.
* Students admitted under this criterion must complete the test at AMIDEAST.
In some cases your prior learning may be recognised by exempting you from completing specific subjects at UOWD on the basis of work you have already completed at another recognised institution or if you have a completed a bachelor degree in a relevant area from an accredited institution. In the case of Master of International Business, credit for prior learning may also be considered if you have a UOWD Graduate Certificate in Business.
If you are seeking credit for prior learning, you will need to submit an official academic transcripts showing all courses studied and the grades obtained, syllabus details (including information on course content) for the courses you have successfully completed and an explanation of the grading system, or proof of your work experience or further training. Your eligibility for Credit for Prior Learning will be decided in consultation with UOWD's Faculty Offices prior to the beginning of the program.
To make an application for your chosen program, complete the online application form and submit it along with all your supporting documentation (see below) prior to the application deadline.
Late applications may be accepted subject to the availability of places but applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
The following records are required to process your application. Please ensure that all these documents accompany your UOWD application for admission form submittal:
- The original transcripts of your bachelor’s degree results
- A Certificate of Completion
(If the above documents are not in English, a certified English translation is required)
- Proof of your english language proficiency
(Note: Results from IELTS & TOEFL tests must be sent to the University directly from the IELTS or TOEFL testing centres quoting the UOWD institution code IELTS: AE109 / TOEFL: 7907)
- Your current resume or CV
- A copy of your UAE ID card (if applying from within the UAE)
- A copy of your passport (and Residence Visa, if resident in the UAE).
Additionally, if you are seeking advance standing in your chosen program:
Certified copies of official academic transcripts showing all courses studied and grades obtained, syllabus details (including information on course content) of the courses you successfully completed and an explanation of the grading system.
Applications are required to obtain attestation / equivalency of their bachelor’s degree from the UAE Ministry of Education. The attestation / equivalency process is dependent upon whether you completed your bachelor’s degree within the UAE or outside the UAE.
If the bachelor’s degree was completed outside UAE, you must have your bachelor’s degree and transcripts/mark sheets certified by:
- The issuing University and/or recognised authority for tertiary education in the host country in which you completed your education
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the host country
- The UAE Embassy in that host country OR the Embassy of the host country in UAE must attest the authenticity of the documents and attestations.
Additionally, the UAE Ministry of Education must issue an Equivalency Certificate. Applicants must have a valid UAE residency visa when applying for an Equivalency Certificate. In special cases where complying with conditions (2) and (3) are not feasible, the certificates may be verified against originals by Embassies in the UAE and the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
If you are unable to secure the Equivalency Certificate(s) as outlined above will be asked to sign a “Consent to Provide Documents” form agreeing to secure the equivalency. You will be permitted to commence your studies at UOWD, but will be given a maximum of one semester to obtain the equivalency certificate(s). UOWD reserves the right to take appropriate action against any applicant who cannot secure the appropriate documentation in this time, which may result in the termination of the student’s enrolment at UOWD.
For more information or assistance on attesting documents from outside UAE, click here.
The Master of International Business offers a unique approach to management in the international business sector, with an in-depth and rigorous learning experience. Alongside a foundation in the specialized knowledge and skills related to international management, you will also have opportunities to understand the real challenges facing managers and organizations in operating in the global marketplace and apply what you’ve learned in practice. The program is organized around three key themes:
Common Business Subjects
Note: All students commencing in Autumn 2023 onwards would be required to complete a Research capstone of 12 credit points
Any one elective subject can be chosen from any of the business specialisation in line with the official degree planner.
Students may choose to complete Contemporary Issues in International Business or Supply Chain Management as elective subjects.
- Prestigious and Accredited Degree: Upon completion of the program, all students will get a Master’s degree from University of Wollongong Australia, a university in the top 1% of the world universities, accord to QS World University rankings. This degree is fully accredited in the UAE by Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) and Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA).
- Skills You'll Learn to Support Your Career Goals: The completion of the program will equip the students with practical, hands-on and job ready skills like cross-cultural communication skills, Versatility and Flexibility, Strategic Thinking, Digital Savviness, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Leadership Skills, Resilience, Problem-Solving, Decision Making, Interpersonal Skills and Networking, Adaptive thinking, Emotional intelligence.
- Doctoral Study Opportunities: Should students wish to pursue further research after completing this Master’s degree, UOW Dubai offers a PhD program under the Faculty of Business.
- Global Career Opportunities: Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Business Development Manager, Business Transformation Manager, General Manager, Operations Manager, Business Consultant, International Business Analysts/Consultant, Business Partner, Project Manager, Mediator/Arbitrator, International Economist, International Trade Coordinator.
- With the global nature of this degree, you will be equipped to work in any industry in private, semi private or government sector in any region of the world.
Accreditation and Recognition
All degrees at the University of Wollongong in Dubai are accredited by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the UAE Ministry of Education and are licensed by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA). In addition, the degree is quality assured by UOW, which is registered with the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA), the national regulator of the higher education sector in Australia.
Also, all business degrees of the University of Wollongong are accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Students will be issued a UOW Australia degree upon graduation.
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) provides an international seal of approval for business programs that ensures the educational needs of students are met through high quality, continuous improvement and excellence in education. This globally recognised accreditation has been awarded to only the top five percent of the world’s business schools.
Dr Flevy Lasrado
With a plethora of experience in both academia and industry along with a keen interest in business excellence and innovation, Dr Flevy has extensive knowledge of quality assurance and institutional effectiveness. She is an active researcher and employs blended learning and case-based teaching approach in her classroom.Read More