- Business & Commerce
- Master of Marketing
Master of Marketing
18 - 24 months
10 - 12 subjects
AED 9,415.35 / USD 2,565 per subject
*VAT 5% inclusive
As the business landscape becomes entrenched in technological advancements and evolves, we witness the need for high skilled marketers rapidly increasing. LinkedIn reports show that the two most in-demand marketing skills that employers look for are digital advertising (45%) and content creation - curation (42%). Furthermore, the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that digital marketers are offered salaries higher than the national average. As a program grounded in marketing within the digital age, the Masters of Marketing degree in Dubai at UOWD prepares students for careers in a new economy – a world where technology, decisions, and action become intertwined.
Organizations are looking for marketing specialists that can apply their knowledge and perspectives along with a technical skill set to make a difference where they operate. Our Master of Marketing degree provides students with an in-depth understanding of key marketing perspectives and advanced digital marketing and research tools.
Taught through lectures and hands-on exercises, students also get opportunities to learn by working with real businesses dealing with current issues. Key areas include developing digital media strategies and content creation, application of data analytics to market research and consumer behavior, gathering insights, and developing effective business solutions.
Students are provided with a skill set to strategize, analyze, advertise, and communicate with its audience in various marketing areas including digital marketing, brand management and marketing communications.
Students applying for a master's degree must have completed a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) at an accredited institution of higher education and have achieved the minimum grades outlined below:
|Country||Direct Admission||Probationary Entry*
GPA 2.5-2.99 or equivalent
GPA 2.0-2.49 or equivalent
|Egypt||65% (Good)||57%||50% (Pass)|
|10 Point System: 7.0/10.0||10 Point System: 6.0/10.0||10 Point System: 5.0/10.0|
|4 Point System: 3.0/4.0||4 Point System: 2.5/4.0||4 Point System: 2.0/4.0|
|Japan||70/100 or 4/5||65/100 or 3.5/5||60/100 or 3/5|
|Russia||Average of 4||Average of 3.5||Average of 3|
|UK||2nd Class Honours with lower division (or min 50%)||45%||Pass (or min 40%)|
* Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of study, or its equivalent, with an overall GPA between 2.5 and 2.99 (on a 4.0 scale) may be conditionally admitted to a master’s program, only if they meet the necessary English language requirement. Such students must take a maximum of 18cp of subjects studied for the master’s degree during the period of conditional admission and must achieve an overall WAM of 55 in their first 3 subjects at the University. Students who fail to achieve this standard may have their enrolment discontinued.
** Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of study, or its equivalent, with an overall GPA between 2.0 and 2.49 (on a 4.0 scale) may be conditionally admitted to a master’s degree, only if they meet the necessary English language requirement and they will be required to complete a maximum of 18cp remedial non-credit bearing subjects prior to enrolment in their chosen Master’s degree. Students must achieve a minimum WAM of 55 in these subjects in order to progress to the master’s degree or may have their enrolment discontinued.
 Unless otherwise stated, the entry requirements above are based on Section I institutions. Further details on alternate entry requirements can be obtained by contacting the Admissions department.
At UOWD, all classes are taught in English and in order to enrol in a master's degree you will need to submit one of the following certificate of English language proficiency:
|English Language Test||Entry Score|
|Overall score of 6.0 with 6.0 in Reading and Writing and 5.0 in Listening and Speaking|
|79 with not less than 20 in Writing, 18 in Reading, 17 in Listening, 16 in Speaking|
|213 with a 4.0 TWE/Essay Writing|
International paper based
|550 with a 4.0 TWE/Essay Writing|
Note: Students who have achieved an overall Academic IELTS score of 6, but with a minimum of 5 in reading and writing for their relevant program, may opt to take Academic Writing as an additional subject during their first semester at an additional fee of AED 1,050/USD 286. A 50% pass rate is required to clear the post enrolment condition. Alternatively, the student may opt to retake the IELTS test.
* Students admitted under this criterion must complete the test at AMIDEAST.
In some cases your prior learning may be recognised by exempting you from completing specific subjects at UOWD on the basis of work you have already completed at another recognised institution or if you have a completed a bachelor degree in a relevant area from an accredited institution. In the case of Master of Marketing, credit for prior learning may also be considered if you have a UOWD Graduate Certificate in Business.
If you are seeking credit for prior learning, you will need to submit an official academic transcripts showing all courses studied and the grades obtained, syllabus details (including information on course content) for the courses you have successfully completed and an explanation of the grading system, or proof of your work experience or further training. Your eligibility for Credit for Prior Learning will be decided in consultation with UOWD's Faculty Offices prior to the beginning of the program.
To make an application for your chosen program, complete the online application form and submit it along with all your supporting documentation (see below) prior to the application deadline.
Late applications may be accepted subject to the availability of places but applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
The following records are required to process your application. Please ensure that all these documents accompany your UOWD application for admission form submittal:
- The original transcripts of your bachelor’s degree results
- A Certificate of Completion
(If the above documents are not in English, a certified English translation is required)
- Proof of your english language proficiency
(Note: Results from IELTS & TOEFL tests must be sent to the University directly from the IELTS or TOEFL testing centres quoting the UOWD institution code IELTS: AE109 / TOEFL: 7907)
- Your current resume or CV
- A copy of your UAE ID card (if applying from within the UAE)
- A copy of your passport (and Residence Visa, if resident in the UAE).
Additionally, if you are seeking advance standing in your chosen program:
Certified copies of official academic transcripts showing all courses studied and grades obtained, syllabus details (including information on course content) of the courses you successfully completed and an explanation of the grading system.
Applications are required to obtain attestation / equivalency of their bachelor’s degree from the UAE Ministry of Education. The attestation / equivalency process is dependent upon whether you completed your bachelor’s degree within the UAE or outside the UAE.
If the bachelor’s degree was completed outside UAE, you must have your bachelor’s degree and transcripts/mark sheets certified by:
- The issuing University and/or recognised authority for tertiary education in the host country in which you completed your education
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the host country
- The UAE Embassy in that host country OR the Embassy of the host country in UAE must attest the authenticity of the documents and attestations.
Additionally, the UAE Ministry of Education must issue an Equivalency Certificate. Applicants must have a valid UAE residency visa when applying for an Equivalency Certificate. In special cases where complying with conditions (2) and (3) are not feasible, the certificates may be verified against originals by Embassies in the UAE and the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
If you are unable to secure the Equivalency Certificate(s) as outlined above will be asked to sign a “Consent to Provide Documents” form agreeing to secure the equivalency. You will be permitted to commence your studies at UOWD, but will be given a maximum of one semester to obtain the equivalency certificate(s). UOWD reserves the right to take appropriate action against any applicant who cannot secure the appropriate documentation in this time, which may result in the termination of the student’s enrolment at UOWD.
For more information or assistance on attesting documents from outside UAE, click here.
The Master of Marketing offers a unique approach to evaluate marketing theories and frameworks, design projects using market research tools and position products and services for the market. Alongside a foundation in the specialized knowledge and skills related to marketing, you will also have opportunities to understand the real challenges facing managers and organizations in marketing in the global marketplace and apply what you’ve learned in practice. The program is organized around three key themes:
Common Business Subjects
In addition, you will choose any two Electives from the approved list below:
- Prestigious and Accredited Degree: Upon completion of the program, all students will get a Master’s degree from University of Wollongong Australia, a university in the top 1% of the world universities, accord to QS World University rankings. This degree is fully accredited in the UAE by Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) and Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA).
- Career Ready Skills: Graduates will be able to create and execute digital/traditional marketing plans, use Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) for website optimization, use data analytics to generate website traffic, increase brand awareness and conversions. They will also be able to utilize fundamental communication skills across various media platforms, effectively conduct social media marketing, evaluate marketing information systems, and use market research to contribute to business decision-making.
- Doctoral Study Opportunities: Should students wish to pursue further research after completing this Master’s degree, UOW Dubai offers a PhD program under the Faculty of Business.
- Global Career Opportunities: On completion of our Master of Marketing program students will have a portfolio of work that demonstrates their competence and employability, placing them in a position to pursue a variety of marketing and management careers on a national and international level. The program's graduates will be well-positioned to pursue a career in specialized roles such as Digital Marketing Specialist, Search Engine Marketing Specialist, Social Media Manager, Marketing Research Manager, Brand Manager, Brand Manager, Creative Agency Manager.
Accreditation and Recognition
All degrees at the University of Wollongong in Dubai are accredited by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the UAE Ministry of Education and are licensed by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA). In addition, the degree is quality assured by UOW, which is registered with the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA), the national regulator of the higher education sector in Australia.
Also, all business degrees of the University of Wollongong are accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Students will be issued a UOW Australia degree upon graduation.
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) provides an international seal of approval for business programs that ensures the educational needs of students are met through high quality, continuous improvement and excellence in education. This globally recognised accreditation has been awarded to only the top five percent of the world’s business schools.
Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK (CIM)
The program is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK (CIM). As per this accreditation, students graduating from the Master of Marketing degree are given direct entry to the Diploma in professional marketing of CIM, with exemption. CIM qualifications are highly sought after by employers and map alongside our own degrees which ensures we are equipping students with the best opportunities for a successful marketing career.
Dr Rumaila Abbas
(Discipline Leader - Marketing)
Dr Rumaila Abbas joined UOWD in 2022 and is currently an Assistant Professor of Marketing and the Marketing Discipline Leader. Rumaila completed her PhD in Marketing at the University of Guelph in Canada, where her research was recognized as one of the top marketing dissertations in Canada.Read More
Remember to attend our next Open Day on Saturday, 17 June 2023.
Join our experts to learn more about our degrees, and how you can enrol at UOWD in our
Autumn intake which starts on 18 September 2023.