To enrol for UOWD master's degree or graduate certificate you will need to meet the University’s minimum academic and English language requirements.
For more information, visit the enrolling at UOWD page.
Students applying for a master's degree must have completed a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) at an accredited institution of higher education and have achieved the minimum grades outlined below:
|Country||Direct Admission||Probationary Admission*
( GPA 2.5-2.99 or equivalent)
(GPA 2.0-2.49 or equivalent)
|Egypt||65% (Good)||57%||50% (Pass)|
|10 Point System: 7.0/10.0||10 Point System: 6.0/10.0||10 Point System: 5.0/10.0|
|4 Point System: 3.0/4.0||4 Point System: 2.5/4.0||4 Point System: 2.0/4.0|
|Russia||Average of 4||Average of 3.5||Average of 3|
|UK||2nd Class Honours with lower division (or min 50%)||45%||Pass (or min 40%)|
* Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of study, or its equivalent, with an overall GPA between 2.5 and 2.99 (on a 4.0 scale) may be conditionally admitted to a master’s program, only if they meet the necessary english language requirement. Such students must take a maximum of 18cp of subjects studied for the master’s degree during the period of conditional admission and must achieve an overall WAM of 55 in their first 3 subjects at the University. Students who fail to achieve this standard may have their enrolment discontinued.
** Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of study, or its equivalent, with an overall GPA between 2.0 and 2.49 (on a 4.0 scale) may be conditionally admitted to a master’s degree, only if they meet the necessary english language requirement and they will be required to complete a maximum of 18cp remedial non-credit bearing subjects prior to enrolment in their chosen master’s degree. Students must achieve a minimum WAM of 55 in these subjects in order to progress to the Master’s degree or may have their enrolment discontinued.
- Unless otherwise stated, the entry requirements above are based on Section I institutions. Further details on alternate entry requirements can be obtained by contacting the Admissions department.
- Applicants to the MBA program are also required to have two years full time work experience after the completion of their bachelor's degree.
- The Master of Applied Finance is an advanced degree for students who have a recognised bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Maths or IT related specialisation. Students who do not have the above background may be admitted on probationary status subject to the successful completion of the foundation subjects of the MAF program.
- Applicants for the MEM program are required to have a recognised bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Applicants for the MITM program are required to have a recognised bachelor's degree in an IT related field.
- As part of the admission requirements, prospective students for the Master of Business Analytics (MBAS) program will be required to provide a supporting statement of approximately 500 words of why they wish to enrol in the program, what benefits the program might provide them and what strengths they can bring to the program. Program Director may conduct an interview to assess the suitability of the application.
English Language Requirements
All instruction at UOWD is carried out in English and you will need to demonstrate an adequate level of English language proficiency in order to enrol on a program at the University. As a master's applicant, you will be required to submit one of the following certificates of proficiency:
|Program||IELTS (Academic)||Internet based TOEFL||Computer based TOEFL||International Paper based TOEFL*||EmSAT Achieve English|
excluding MBA, Master of Educational Studies/
Graduate Diploma in
|Overall score of 6.0 with 6.0 in Reading and Writing and 5.0 in Listening and Speaking||79 with not less than 20 in Writing, 18 in Reading, 17 in Listening, 16 in Speaking||213 with a 4.0 TWE/ Essay Writing||550 with a 4.0
TWE/ Essay Writing
|MBA, Master of Educational Studies / Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies||Overall score of 6.5 with 6.0 in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking||88 with not less than 22 in Writing, 20 in Reading, 17 in Listening, 18 in Speaking||231 with a 4.5
TWE/ Essay Writing
575 with a 4.5
|COP||The score required for CoP is the same as that of the program under which the CoP subject is taken.|
* Students admitted under this criterion must present evidence of completing this test before their undergraduate degree. If they are unable to provide this, the test must be completed at UOWD.
** Students with a score of IELTS 6.5, with a minimum of 6 in each band at the time on entry are exempt from an additional English subject at AED 8,967/USD 2,444.
*** Students who have achieved an overall Academic IELTS score of 6, but with a minimum of 5 in reading and writing for their relevant program, may opt to take Academic Writing as additional subject during their first semester at an additional fee of AED 1,050/USD 286. A 50% pass rate is required to clear the post enrolment condition. Alternatively the student may opt to retake the IELTS test.
Graduate Foundation Course
If you hold an bachelor's degree from a non-business discipline, you may be required to undertake a Graduate Foundation Course (GFC). The course must be successfully completed in the first semester.
The GFC does not accrue any academic credit towards the master's degree but will provide you with a foundation in key subjects such as Accountancy, Finance, Marketing, Statistics, Operations Management and Business Research Methods, that may be required for your chosen field of study. You will be advised if and what course(s) from the GFC you will be required to take following careful consideration of your admission application.
Credit for Prior Learning
In some cases your prior learning may be recognised by exempting you from completing specific subjects at UOWD on the basis of work you have already completed at another recognised institution or if you have a completed a bachelor's degree in a relevant area from an accredited institution. In the case of Master of Marketing, Master of Management, Master of HR Management, Master of International Business, Master of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Master of Financial Management, Master of Business Analytics and Master of Supply Chain Management, credit for prior learning may also be considered if you have a UOWD Graduate Certificate in Business.
If you are seeking credit for prior learning, you will need to submit an official academic transcripts showing all courses studied and the grades obtained, syllabus details (including information on course content) for the courses you have successfully completed and an explanation of the grading system. Your eligibility for Credit for Prior Learning will be decided in consultation with UOWD's Faculty Offices prior to the beginning of the program.
UOWD English Test
Applicants without the appropriate level of English language proficiency will be required to take an English language course and successfully complete the IELTS or TOEFL test before being admitted to UOWD.
Before applying for a English Language program (IELTS or TOEFL) applicants will need to take a placement test to determine their level of English. Once your application has been processed, you can then register for a time to take the test. Based on the test results, you will receive a recommendation indicating the program of study you are best suited. To book a placement test contact [email protected].
English language programs for University studies and IELTS preparation are available at the University’s English Language Centre.
Additional English Language Requirements for Master of International Relations and Master of Media and Communication Students
In order to ensure that students admitted to the MIR and MMC programs are sufficiently equipped in English writing skills to manage the academic writing and research that will be required, an additional English language subject will be taken in the first semester. Students with a score of IELTS 6.5, with a minimum of 6 in each band at the time on entry are exempt from this subject.
The English language proficiency requirements can be waived under certain circumstances, on a case by case basis. If you meet either of the following criteria, you can qualify for this waiver.
1. If you are a native English speaker and completed your bachelor's degree in the English language at an institution* in a country where English is the official language. Students who are citizens of the following countries are eligible for this exemption:
Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Cook Islands, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guam, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Ireland, Isle of Man, Jamaica, Jersey, Malta, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Montserrat, New Zealand, Norfolk Islands, Palau, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Turks and Caicos, United Kingdom, United States of America and British Virgin Islands.
* Institutions to be checked with the UOWD Registrar’s Office
2. If you have graduated from an institution where English is the language of instruction and you are able to provide evidence of having acquired a TOEFL score of 500 (or its equivalent in another standardised test, approved by the Ministry of Education) at the time of your admission to that bachelor's degree.
To be eligible for exemption 2 you must have completed your studies no more than two years prior to the start of the master's degree for which you are applying. If you completed your studies more than two years prior to applying, you may be requested to undertake an Accuplacer test. At the discretion of the head of admissions, you may then be required to meet the English language requirements via a TOEFL exam or equivalent.