INTERNATIONALLY ACCREDITED UNIVERSITY IN DUBAI, UAE | QUALITY AND ACCREDITATION
All degree programs offered by UOWD are accredited by the Ministry of Education through the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA).
This accreditation ensures that the degrees received by UOWD graduates are recognised throughout the United Arab Emirates, the GCC and internationally for further education and employment in the private and public sectors.
Our commitment to quality and continual self-evaluation is what helps us to uphold our reputation for academic excellence. Alongside our internal processes for quality assurance, UOWD is subject to the rigorous review processes of the CAA, to retain the high standards expected of Ministry licensed institutions.
In addition to local accreditation, programs are quality assured by UOW, which is registered with the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA), the national regulator of the higher education sector in Australia. UOWD degrees are recognised within the UAE, in GCC and internationally for further education and employment in the private and public sectors.
The CAA accreditation validates UOWD’s institutional standards in a number of key areas, including:
- Academic instruction and assessment
- Faculty and professional staff credentials
- Learning environment and resources
- Organisational governance
- Ongoing quality assurance
- Fiscal planning and responsibility.
The Office of Institutional Research leads UOWD's activities in relation to quality and accreditation. For more information, please click here.
Alongside UOWD's institutional accreditation, several of the University's degree programs have been formally recognised by international professional organisations. For a number of programs, this recognition provides advanced entry to, or partial exemptions from, the organisations' professional accreditation schemes. These organisations include:
- Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI)
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- The UK Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- CPA Australia
- The Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- The Institute of Engineers Australia (IEAust)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS)
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT)
- Energy Institute