With the Alumni Network sticker, you have access to the wealth of resources housed in the UOWD Library. The Library provides you with:
- 40,000+ items including books, journals, newspapers, kits, cassettes, videos and DVDs - the complete list can be found at UOWD Library online catalogue: https://library.uowdubai.ac.ae
- Access to reference collections
- Borrowing rights to the main collection
- Online Library catalogue
- Access to selected online databases and journals for personal research and educational use, the details are available here: http://uow.libguides.com/alumni/databases
Library membership is available for all graduates with an Alumni Network Sticker. In order to activate the library membership, you will need to visit the library with your student ID card and Alumni Network sticker.
When activating your library membership,you will be required to pay an amount of AED 157.50, subject to annual renewals. This amount includes 5% VAT. To borrow books from UOWD Library physical collection, a deposit of 500AED is required, payable at UOWD cashiers office. Once all the borrowed materials are returned, the deposit can be refunded.
Alumni library membership conditions are generally the same as those outlined in the library brochures, though some specific terms and exclusion apply. The basic principles are outlined below.
- Alumni members are entitled to borrow two (2) items at a time and may renew items twice, although reserving items and borrowing from the Closed Reserve Section is not extended to alumni library members at this time.
- The UOWD student card (with alumni sticker) must be presented when borrowing items and the card is non-transferable. Fines apply for late returns and failure to pay outstanding fines will result to suspension of Library borrowing privileges.
- You must keep the library up-to-date with your address and contact details and if at any time the Library cannot contact you using the personal details you provided, your library membership will be terminated and all fees will be forfeited.
Users can search our library catalogue at library.uowdubai.ac.ae
Free Online Database Access
Alumni borrowers are entitled to use the online databases listed on the UOW Alumni page.
To get access to the online databases, you need to apply for a separate membership directly with the Alumni Office. Please list your Date of Birth, Student Number and Name in the email.
The library guide for Alumni Membership online databases list is available at the UOW library page.