Dr Khairul Anuar Kamarudin
Finance and Accounting
+971 4 278 1869
Dr Khairul Kamarudin is an Associate Professor at the University of Wollongong in Dubai (UOWD).Prior to joining UOWD, Dr Kamarudin was the undergraduate Head of Programme and Research Coordinator at MARA University of Technology, Malaysia.
Dr Kamarudin follows a student-centred model of teaching in which learning is a collaborative activity between students and lecturer. He has a vast experience in the undergraduate and postgraduate teaching of financial reporting, management accounting, and accounting information system.
He obtained his PhD specialising in Financial Reporting, Corporate Governance and Accounting Quality from Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand. He also holds a professional accounting qualification from Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), United Kingdom, a Master degree and a First-Class Bachelor degree (Hons) in accounting from Mara University of Technology, Malaysia.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Accounting), Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), United Kingdom
- Master of Accountancy, Universiti Teknologi Mara, Malaysia
- Bachelor of Accountancy (Hons) - First Class, Universiti Teknologi Mara, Malaysia
Publications include but not limited to:
- Kamarudin, K.A., Harymawan, I. Wan Ismail, W. A, & Shafie, R. (2021) Politically connected firms, government-linked companies, and analysts’ earnings forecast. Journal of Applied Accounting Research. In-Press Articles
- Kamarudin, K.A., Wan Ismail, W.A., & Arif, M.A (2021). Auditor tenure, investor protection and accounting quality: International evidence. Accounting Research Journal. In-Press Articles
- Kamarudin, K.A., Arif, M.A, & Wan Ismail, W.A. (2021) Product market competition, board diversity and corporate sustainability performance: International evidence. Journal of Financial Reporting and Accounting. In-Press Articles
- Kamarudin, K.A., Arif, M.A, & Jaafar, A. (2020). Investor protection, cross-listing and accounting quality. Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics.16(1), 1-14.
- Kamarudin, K.A., Arif, M.A, and Wan Ismail, W.A. (2020). Intensity of product market competition, institutional environment and accrual quality. Pacific Accounting Review, 32(3), 391-419.
- Wan Ismail, W.A., Kamarudin, K.A., Van Zijl, T. & Dunstan, L. (2013). Earnings quality and the adoption of IFRS-based accounting standards: Evidence from an emerging market. Asian Review of Accounting, 21(1), 53-73.
Dr Khairul’s research interest areas are auditing, corporate governance, competition and accounting quality. He has received numerous international research grants to investigate issues relating auditing, market-based accounting research, corporate governance and financial reporting.
Dr Khairul is a member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, UK (CIMA), and the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA). He also frequently invited as a guest speaker from various universities and institutions to conduct workshops on Data Analysis using STATA and application of computerised accounting technology such MYOB, Sage UBS, and Xero and Wave Accounting.
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Financial Accounting
- Accounting Information System