Dr Yiyang Bian
Business and Management
+971 4 278 1982
Dr Bian is an Associate Professor of Business Analytics at the Faculty of Business. He received his Ph.D. degrees from City University of Hong Kong (Major in Information Systems) and University of Science and Technology of China (Major in Management Science and engineering). His research interests revolve around the areas of data science, blockchain innovation, FinTech, data-driven decision-making in emerging markets. He won the award of Emerald Literati Outstanding Paper.
Dr Bian has taught courses such as Advanced Business Analytics, Emerging Techniques and Tools in Business Analytics, Supply Chain Analytics, Business Analytics for Services and Operations, Introduction to Business Analytics and Data Analytics at undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. levels. He has collaborated with external universities/organizations to supervise many cross-cultural students in terms of both research and practice.
- Ph.D. in Information Systems, City University of Hong Kong
- Ph.D. in Management Science, University of Science and Technology of China
- His research has appeared in A*/A journals in ABDC ranking and conferences
- Please click here to check his recent publication.
- Dr Bian’s research interests include data science, business analytics, blockchain innovation, FinTech, data-driven decision-making.
- Research grants:
- Research on Decentralized Collaborative Mechanism in Online Projects, PI, 2022-2024
- The Internet of Vehicle data-based aggressive driving behavior recognition and regulation system, PI, 2020-2022
- Blockchain-based collective intelligence, PI, 2020-2021
Dr Bian services as a PC member of the ISSF and the SIGBPS and has been a member of the AIS and the INFORMS. He practiced as a management consultant with many organizations (specialized in business strategy and IT strategic planning). He also provided independent consultancy services on innovation management for organizations in Hong Kong and UAE.
Journal Reviewer-Journal of Management Information Systems (SCI)，Industrial Management & Data Systems (SCI)，Electronic Commerce Research (SCI)，Financial Innovation (SCI)，IEEE Transactions on Services Computing(SCI)，Internet Research (SCI)，Information Processing and Management (SSCI), etc.
Conference Reviewer-International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS), Pre-ICIS Workshop on Big Data Analytics and E-Commerce (SIGBPS), Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, etc.
- Advanced Business Analytics
- Business Analytics for Services and Operations
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- Emerging Techniques and Tools in Business Analytics