Dr Ozan Koseoglu
Engineering and Information Sciences
Dr Ozan Koseoglu is an Associate Professor at the University of Wollongong in Dubai (UOWD) and has a PhD in Construction Innovation and Technology Management, School of Built Environment, Loughborough University, UK.
Dr Koseoglu uses active learning blended with real case studies and workshops. He also very flexible, using Virtual Learning platforms for the classes.
He has worked for academic institutions & posts in the UK and UAE. Furthermore, he has extensive experience within AECO (architecture, engineering, construction and operations) sector having worked as client representative for government and private sector ecosystems and authorities, managing large scale investments across lifecycle services. His senior executive level and capital projects experience brings important depth to postgraduates and freshers within various industries including Design & Engineering, Manufacturing & Construction Infrastructure, Oil & Gas and Aviation.
Prior to joining UOWD, he worked as client representative for government and private sector ecosystems and authorities, managing large scale investments across lifecycle services. In his most recent role, he was the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) of Istanbul New Airport. He managed and delivered one of world’s largest airport projects from design to operations in the digital environment; managing the design & engineering; project management/control; quality assurance/control; claims & contract management and executive stakeholder management.
- PhD School of Built Environment, Loughborough University, UK
- MSc Construction Management, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- BSc Civil Engineering & Construction Management, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
Publications include but not limited to:
- Exploring the BIM and Lean Synergies in the Istanbul Grand Airport, Journal of Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management (ECAM) by Emerald Publishing for Special Issue: Driving innovation through Lean and BIM based Theory and Practice, 2018
- Mobile BIM Implementation & Lean Interaction on Construction Site A Case Study of of a Complex Airport Project, Journal of Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management (ECAM) by Emerald Publishing for Special Issue: Driving innovation through Lean and BIM based Theory and Practice, 2018
- Challenges and Enablers in BIM-enabled Digital Transformation in Mega Projects: A Mega Airport Project Case Study; Buildings (ISSN 2075-5309); https://www.mdpi.com/2075-5309/9/5/115/pdf, 2019
- Airport Building Information Modelling (ABIM), Routledge, Taylor and Francis Group, published October2019, https://www.amazon.com/Airport-Building-Information-Modelling-Koseoglu/dp/1138329339
- Architecting a BIM enabled Digital Platform for Airport Asset Management, Transportation Research Board (TRB) 100th Annual Meeting, Virtual Event, January 2021, http://www.trb.org/AnnualMeeting/AnnualMeeting.aspx
His research interests are in R&D studies and Technology Development Platforms for the future applications of Digital Twins associated with AI; Big Data analytics and advanced computing in Engineering and Asset Management.
- Lifecycle & Risk Management
- Innovation and Project Management
- Strategy Management
- Digital Transformation Strategy and Industry 4.0
- Managing People for Corporate Organizations
- Asset and Engineering Management