Dr Lo is an Associate Professor at the University of Wollongong in Dubai. Prior to joining UOWD he was an Assistant Professor at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM). He was evaluated as a distinguished professor at KFUPM from 2007-2008 and from 2011-2013.
Dr Lo obtained a PhD and an MSc in Mathematics from the University of Arizona, USA. He also holds a BSc in Mathematics, with a minor in Physics from the University of Dakar. Prior to his role at KFUPM, he was a Mathematics Instructor at the University of Arizona.
- BSc, University of Dakar
- MSc, University of Arizona,USA
- PhD University of Arizona, USA
Dr Lo’s recent publications include:
- Lo, A, A short Proof of the McCoy conjecture in higher dimensional classical continuous models of Kac types, Modern Physics Letters B Vol. 31, No. 10 (2017) 1750111 (14 pages).
- Lo, A, Lo and N., Tatar, A., Exponential stabilization of a structure with interfacial slip, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical System A. 6285 - 6306, Volume 36, Issue 11, (2016).
- Lo, Assane and N., Tatar, A., "Uniform Stability of a Laminated Beam with Structural Memory, Qualitative Theory of Dynamical Systems," Qualitative Inquiry, 2015.
- Lo, Assane and N., Tatar, A., "Stabilization of laminated beams with interfacial slip," Electronic Journal of Differential Equations, 2015.
- Lo, A., "Witten Laplacian method for generalized models of Kac type," Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 54, no. 06, June 2013.
- Lo, "On the Viscous Convective Cahn-Hilliard Equation," International Journal of Evolution Equations, vol. 6, no. 4, 2013.
Lo, Witten Laplacian Methods for Critical Phenomena, Vol. 12041, Germany: Vdm Verlag Dr Mueller E K, 2008.
Dr Lo’s main research interests are in the areas of PDE methods in mathematical physics and statistical physics; control theory.
Dr Lo is a registered member of the American Mathematical Society (AMS), the Mathematical Association of America (MAA), and the International Association of Mathematical Physics (IAMP).