Dr Haile-Selassie Rajamani
Head of School
School of Engineering
Engineering and Information Sciences
- School of Engineering Staff Profiles
- Dr Haile-Selassie Rajamani
Dr Haile-Selassie Rajamani is Associate Professor at the University of Wollongong in Dubai and currently teaches Signals & Systems and Control Theory to undergraduate and postgraduate students. He has a special interest in Renewable Energy and Power Electronics.
Prior to joining UOWD, he was Postdoctoral Research Assistant at Cambridge University, Senior Lecturer in Power Electronics and Systems at the University of Bradford, Associate Dean for Admissions and Recruitment and Head of the Energy and Smart Grid Research Group at the University of Bradford.
Dr Rajamani’s passion is to integrate more practical hands on learning and also to facilitate innovative and creative thinking in students.
He has a keen interest in working with developing countries such as India, Nigeria, Kenya and Zambia, exploring how technology could be used to address global challenges in energy.
- B.Eng, M.Eng University of Zambia
- PhD, Trinity College, University of Cambridge, UK
Dr Rajamani’s recent publications include:
- R. Zubo, G. Mokryani, H.S. Rajamani and P. Pillai, “Operation and Planning of Distribution Networks with Integration of Renewable Distributed Generators Considering Uncertainties: A review”, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier. Oct. 2016
- U. Anuebunwa, H.S. Rajamani, and P. Pillai, "Investigating the Impact of Discomfort in Load Scheduling Using Genetic Algorithm", The IEEE International Conference on Power Systems Technology (POWERCON2016), Wollongong, Australia, Sept.28 - Oct.1, 2016
- O. Okpako, H.S. Rajamani, and P. Pillai, "Smart energy resource sharing algorithm for virtual power plants", IEEE PES PowerAfrica 2016, Livingstone, Zambia, June 28-July 2, 2016
- U. Anuebunwa, H.S. Rajamani, and P. Pillai, "Novel genetic algorithm for scheduling of appliances", IEEE PES PowerAfrica 2016, Livingstone, Zambia, June 28-July 2, 2016
- S. Ravichandaran, A. Vijayalakshmi, K.S. Swarup, H.S. Rajamani, and P. Pillai, "Short Term Energy Forecasting Techniques for Virtual Power Plants", 6th IEEE International Conference on Power Systems 2016 (IEEE ICPS2016), New Delhi, India, 4-6th March 2016
Dr Rajamani’s research expertise lies in power which led to his interest in the area of energy, particularly on the aspects of energy storage and real-time pricing, virtual power plants, energy analytics, integration of renewable energy, demand side response, and energy policies. His power electronics interest is in high voltage high current switching, power converters, flexible AC transmissions systems and motor drives. As part of a multidisciplinary faculty, his expertise has been applied to polymer processing, advanced signal processing research and regenerative braking.
Dr Rajamani has a keen interest in working with developing countries such as India, Nigeria, Kenya and Zambia, exploring how technology could be used to address global challenges in energy.
- Signals & Systems
- Control Theory
Remember to attend our next Open Day on Saturday, 17 June 2023.
Join our experts to learn more about our degrees, and how you can enrol at UOWD in our
Autumn intake which starts on 18 September 2023.