All students on a University-sponsored visa are required to have a valid Emirates ID card. As per UAE immigration rules, student visas cannot be renewed unless a copy of the Emirates ID renewal application form and previous Emirates ID card are provided along with the passport. Students who have been issued a new visa are advised to immediately register for an Emirates ID card and provide a copy of the card to the Registrar’s department.
Please note that Emirates ID cards may not be delivered immediately; therefore a temporary “paper” ID is issued once the registration process has been completed. This copy can be provided to the Registrar’s Office as proof that the card is under process.
Steps to register for an Emirates ID card
STEP 1: Fill in the e-form at any Emirates ID authorised typing centre (for the list of typing centres please visit the EIDA website).
Applicants are not required to attend the typing centre in person.
STEP 2: Upon filling in the form, you will receive an SMS setting the date and place of registration.
STEP 3: You must attend Emirates ID office stated in the SMS to complete the process.
Documents for Registration
To register for an Emirates ID you must present the following documentation:
- An original valid passport
- A residence visa or an entry permit
- Issuance and renewal of ID card for residents (for each year of residence): AED 100
- Issuance of a replacement for damaged or lost card: AED 300
- Change of details that require issuing a new card (updated card expires on the same date as the old one): AED 150
- Application of a mobile vehicle (for individuals, single family, for one day): AED 1000
- Issuance and Renewal of card (urgent service): AED 150
*Fees of registration and card issuance as of September 29, 2011