Postgraduate Application Procedures
To make an application for your chosen program, you should complete the Application for Admission form and submit it along with all your supporting documentation (see below) to the Student Recruitment and Admissions team, prior to the application deadline.
If you have all the required documentation in electronic format, you can apply online now.
Late applications may be accepted subject to the availability of places but applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
The following records are required to process your application. Please ensure that all these documents accompany your UOWD Application for Admission form submittal:
- The original transcripts of your Bachelor degree results
- A Certificate of Completion
(If the above documents are not in English, a certified English translation is required)
- Proof of your English language proficiency
(Note: Results from IELTS & TOEFL tests must be sent to the University directly from the IELTS or TOEFL testing centres quoting the UOWD institution code IELTS: AE109 / TOEFL: 7907)
- Your current resume or CV
- Letter(s) from employer(s) showing 2 years of work experience (for MBA applicants only)
- A copy of your UAE ID card (if applying from within the UAE)
- A copy of your passport (and Residence Visa, if resident in the UAE).
Additionally, if you are seeking advance standing in your chosen program:
- Certified copies of official academic transcripts showing all courses studied and grades obtained, syllabus details (including information on course content) of the courses you successfully completed and an explanation of the grading system.
Attestation of Documents
All applicants for admission are required to obtain equivalency of their Bachelor degree from the UAE Ministry of Education - Higher Education Affairs. The attestation process is dependent upon whether you completed your secondary schooling within the UAE or outside the UAE.
Applicants who completed secondary schooling or a Bachelor degree outside the UAE
In these circumstances, you will be provisionally admitted to the University and permitted to commence the first semester of study. However, you must have your Bachelor degree and transcripts/mark sheets certified by:
1. The issuing University and/or recognised authority for tertiary education in the host country in which you completed your education
2. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the host country
3. The UAE Embassy in that host country
4. The Embassy of the host country in UAE must attest the authenticity of the documents and attestations
Additionally, the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research must issue an Equivalency Certificate. Applicants must have a valid UAE residency visa when applying for an Equivalency Certificate. In special cases where complying with conditions (2) and (3) are not feasible, the certificates may be verified against originals by Embassies in the UAE and the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
If you are unable to secure the Equivalency Certificate(s) as outlined above will be asked to sign a “Consent to Provide Documents” form agreeing to secure the equivalency. You will be permitted to commence your studies at UOWD, but will be given a maximum of one semester to obtain the equivalency certificate(s). UOWD reserves the right to take appropriate action against any applicant who cannot secure the appropriate documentation in this time, which may result in the termination of the student’s enrolment at UOWD.
Student Recruitment and Admissions Department
University of Wollongong in Dubai
UOWD Building, Dubai Knowledge Park
P.O. Box 20183
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Phone: Toll-free 800-UOWD or +971 4 278 1800
Fax: +9714 278 1801
Email: [email protected]
Sunday - Thursday: 8:30am - 6:30pm
Alternatively, you can submit an application through one of the University's nominated Overseas Representatives.