The Alumni Network is a complimentary service provided to all UOWD alumni. Enjoy your life-time membership of this elite group, which provides access to a wide range of services within UOWD:
Alumni Tuition Grant and Family of Alumni Tuition Discounts: An Alumni grant equal to 20%* of tuition fees will be awarded to students who have graduated from a UOWD undergraduate or postgraduate degree program and wish to enrol in a subsequent degree program at UOWD. To be eligible, students must have completed their undergraduate or postgraduate degree at UOWD, and enrol in the postgraduate program within one academic year of completing their bachelor or postgraduate degree.
A 5% to 10% grant is available on annual tuition fees for students who have at least one family member who has graduated from a degree program (undergraduate or postgraduate) from UOWD. The grant is not available if the family member completed their studies at the [UOW] Australian campus. Immediate family members are defined as father, mother, siblings, spouse. The Family of Alumni grant is available at the start of every semester and students must apply for the grant when they submit their application for Admission form.
Additional information on both these benefits can be obtained from the Scholarships and Financial Aid page.
Alumni Events: Events for UOWD graduates are held throughout the year. Events range from social get-togethers and charity events, to business related information seminars. These events are open to all UOWD graduates. To receive information about forthcoming events, update your details here.
Library Membership: Provides access to specific UOWD databases, including over 10,000 electronic journals, borrowing rights from the main and reference collections and DVDs/CDs. For further information, visit the Library membership page.
Career Services: Access to the UOWD career advisors; attend workshops, seminars and career fairs; apply for employment opportunities advertised through UOWD. For further information, see the alumni career development information below.
Personal Development Services: Access to the UOWD Counsellor; attend personal development workshops and seminars. For further information visit the Personal Counselling page.
Health Services: access to the UOWD Medical Centre – a primary care facility with a qualified nurse on duty during office hours and a qualified doctor available two afternoons a week. Additional information can be found in the Health Centre page.
Computer Labs: Use of computer labs; access to UOWD’s password protected internet services including wi-fi services. If you have your myUOWD account, you can reset the password here or contact ITTS at [email protected]
Preferred Vendor Discounts: A preferential rate on selected products and services when presenting a UOWD Alumni Membership Card.
With your Alumni Network sticker, you have complimentary access to the Career Development Centre at UOWD. Use of this service is by appointment only, please refer to the Career Development Centre page for contact details. Alumni have access to:
- Individual counseling by qualified career advisors
- Audio-visual area to view DVDs on career skills such as interview preparation and confidence
- Four dedicated computers for applying to employment opportunities online or researching companies
- CD-ROMs and resource books on a wide-range of career skills and career development topics such as CV preparation, leadership, cover letters and much more
- Employment listings (both full time and part time) are advertised on-line on the University’s website and on campus on the Career noticeboards in Blocks 5 and 15. Alumni are eligible to apply for employment opportunities for up to one year after graduation. To apply for any position advertised, students/alumni simply submit their CV through the on-line employment program, SniperHire
- Interactive workshops provide intensive information and skills development. Topics include CV and cover letter preparation, mock interviews, personal presentation, how to find employment opportunities and more
- Mock-interview practices
- The Annual Career Fair provides students/alumni with an ideal opportunity to meet with invited companies to discuss employment opportunities and requirements for positions within their organisation
- Information handouts on topics such as career choices, CV preparation and interviews
- Specialised guest speakers are invited to speak about specific careers and employment opportunities within that career path.
The University prospers and grows with the support of its talented and diverse alumni population. UOWD takes great pride in your success, as you do in UOWD’s achievements.
We encourage all alumni to stay in touch and get involved by:
- Volunteering in student recruitment events both in Dubai and around the world.
- Offering current students the benefit of your professional experience through alumni mentoring and career path presentations.
- Nominating yourself or someone from your organisation to be a guest speaker at an Alumni event.
- Attending the events and meeting old friends and perhaps making new ones.
- Sharing Your Story: Get in touch to tell us about where you are now and the impact UOWD has made.
To learn more about any of these opportunities, please contact us.