IELTS Application Procedure
Please note that the following procedures are for standard IELTS exam registration only. For information on IELTS UKVI, click on the following link
There are three ways to apply for your IELTS test. If places are still available, applications can be made up to one week before the test date.
You can apply online and attach the required documents. Please note that online registration is only available for candidates who wish to take the exam in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Acceptable form of identification for IELTS are:
- a valid passport; or
- a UAE National Identity Card and a copy of the passport; or
- a UAE Labour Card issued by the Ministry of Labour and a copy of a passport.
You can register at one of the test centres with the following documentation:
A copy of the acceptable identification you will use to register on the Test Date: either (1) an original valid passport; or (2) a UAE National Identity Card with a copy of a valid passport; or (3) a UAE Labour Card issued by the Ministry of Labour with a copy of a valid passport.
By Courier or Third Party
You will need to submit:
- A copy of the acceptable identification you will use to register on the Test Date: either (1) an original valid passport; or (2) a UAE National Identity Card with a copy of a valid passport; or (3) a UAE Labour Card issued by the Ministry of Labour with a copy of a valid passport.
- Proof of payment (follow this link for methods of payment)
- An IELTS test application form, signed and completed by the candidate. The application form is available here or from the IELTS Website itself.
IELTS Cancellation or Transfer Policy
To cancel your test or to transfer to another test date, you must complete the Request for Refund of Test Date Transfer Form and submit to the IELTS Registrar at least 5 weeks prior to the IELTS test date you have booked. Please refer to the Last Day for Refunds/Transfers column for each test date.
When requests for cancellations or transfers are received in accordance with the IELTS Refund and Transfer Policy, fees will either be refunded or transferred to the next available test date. Please note that an administrative fee of up to 25% will be applied for every Refund or Transfer request.
When requests to cancel or transfer are not received 5 weeks prior to the test date and do not comply with the four conditions referred to in the IELTS Refund and Transfer Policy, you will be charged the full fee. Please contact the IELTS Administration for further information.