Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies
As an education professional you can play an important role in shaping the next generation of society. The Graduate Diploma in Educational studies will strengthen your professional portfolio and will help you to develop specialised knowledge of the schooling system as a first step in your educational career.
Winter - January | Spring - April | Summer - July | Autumn - September
Upon completion of the Graduate Diploma, you have the option to progress to the Masters level qualification, which will help you to develop the strategic competencies required to take on leadership roles in the sector.
Dr Muna Amr
PhD, MPhil, University of Cambridge/ BA, MA, University of Jordan
Before joining UOWD, Dr Amr was an Associate Professor of Special Education at the University of Jordan specialising in teaching courses with a focus on learning disabilities, language and speech...
Pathway to higher studies
Obtaining the Graduate Diploma will enable you to progress to the Masters level program, which will help you to move ahead in your career and take on educational leadership responsibilities.
Industry informed and aligned
Designed in collaboration with key industry stakeholders, the program will teach you how to apply advanced theories and practices in education at national and international levels.
Focussed on best practice
With emphasis on curriculum development, instructional design, pedagogy, assessment, cognitive and affective development, and teacher leadership competencies, this program will position you at the forefront of innovation and best practice in the education sector.
Globally accredited, locally relevant
On successful completion of the Graduate Diploma of Educational Studies, you will be equipped with the skills and experience to:
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of theory and practice within the field of education in national and international contexts.
- Design assessment tools and tasks and interpret data and evidence to reflect on the impact of teaching on learning outcomes.
- Implement relevant technical knowledge in curriculum design, pedagogy and new technologies to engage students in learning.
- Implement appropriate instruction and management practices for inclusive and productive learning environments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of leadership in schools and educational institutions.
To achieve a Graduate Diploma of Educational Studies from UOWD you will complete the following subjects:
|Subject Code||Subject Name|
|EDGX901||Psychology for Educators|
|EDMS922||Assessment and Reporting in a School context|
|EDGZ803||Current Issues in Education: Curriculum, Pedagogy and Policy|
|EDGI900||Technology in Education|
|EDGS916||Models of Behaviour Management|
|EDGS901||Inclusive Education: Strategies, Policies and Legislation|
|EDGL911||Leadership of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment|