- COP28: Paving the Path to a Sustainable Future
COP28: Paving the Path to a Sustainable Future
What is COP28?
The 28th Conference of the Parties (COP28) is a pivotal global event hosted by the United Arab Emirates. It's a part of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), bringing together world leaders, environmental experts, and activists to tackle the pressing issues of climate change.
The University of Wollongong Dubai (UOWD) is part of the Universities Climate Network, a collaborative platform comprising a total of 24 higher education institutions, with the aim to combat climate change in the lead up to COP28.
- Climate Action Enhancement: Focusing on accelerating global efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Alignment: Ensuring climate actions are in harmony with broader sustainability goals.
- Setting a Global Agenda: Decisions made here will shape the global climate action agenda for the coming years.
- Inclusive Dialogue: COP28 includes voices from all sectors, ensuring a comprehensive approach to tackling climate challenges.