University Of Wollongong In Dubai Celebrates 37th Graduation Ceremony
Tuesday, 24 August, 2021
461 graduates celebrated their successes from faculties including Business, Engineering, Information Sciences and Humanities.
University of Wollongong in Dubai (UOWD) honoured the incredible milestone and achievement of 461 students at its graduation ceremony, held in a virtual environment to ensure the safety of all students during the pandemic.
Presided over by Professor Mohamed Salem, President of UOWD and joined virtually by His Excellency Ian Halliday, Australian Consul General Dubai & General Manager Trade & Investment Middle East, Africa & Turkey, Professor Patricia M. Davidson, Vice-Chancellor and Principal, University of Wollongong, and Marisa Mastroianni, Managing Director and Group Chief Executive Officer – all of whom who had shared heartfelt words of encouragement and congratulations to all the graduates.
His Excellency Ian Halliday extended his warm congratulations to all graduates saying, “Well done to the energy, passion and perseverance shown by all the graduates particularly in a very difficult year as a result of the pandemic. I would also like to pay tribute to University of Wollongong in Dubai for their commitment to providing an elite Australian education, and a great illustration of that is the opening of their new campus located in Dubai Knowledge Park.”
Professor Patricia M. Davidson said “It’s an honour to share this important moment in your lives, alongside your families, friends and colleagues. Being an alumna of UOW Australia, my learning experience set me on the path towards a purposeful and meaningful career. In a difficult year, you have pivoted with professionalism and integrity, and enter the future with a lot of uncertainty, but you have proved your strength and that you can do it even in the most challenging of circumstances. As you embark on the next phase of your journey, I remind you the future is the only part you have power to change. We know things will never be the same, but we have the power to change the future.”
During his opening remarks, Professor Mohamed Salem, said “You have all worked tremendously hard to get to this point. A pivotal point, undoubtedly, and one that you will cherish and remember forever. We know it hasn’t been easy, and that 2020 was an unprecedented year for all, however, your determination has led you to this day. Congratulations! We applaud you for all that you have accomplished.”
“Every end signifies a new beginning. As you embark on this new stage in your life, be proud of the skills you have acquired and know that your best years are still ahead of you. The future is yours to hold in your hands, and we are proud to have been part of your future journey and success. “, he concluded.
The stars of the virtual graduation ceremony who were named the top graduates of their respective programs included:
Faculty of Business:
- Hussein T. H Hrezat ,Master of Applied Finance: Investing
- Nikita Kamal Kirplani, Master of Business: Financial Management
- Navia Aravind, Master of Business: Human Resource Management
- Elmira Abdulraoof Mohammad Saleh, Master of Business: Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Bharath Suresh, Master of Business: International Business
- Danibel Aldaba Boon, Master of Business: Marketing
- Chahd Nadaf, Master of Business Administration
- Eman Emadeddin Abu-El-Rub. Master of Quality Management
- Mohamed Diaaeldin Moussa Mohamed Shehabeldin, Master of Science: Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Karolina Johanna Jalonen, Bachelor of Business Administration
- Pon Savita Chelliah, Bachelor of Commerce: Accountancy
- Zishan Su, Bachelor of Commerce: Finance
- Rosmaria Manuella Grace D’Mello, Bachelor of Commerce: Human Resource Management
- Nadeem Hussain, Bachelor of Commerce: International Business
- Sara Jabi, Bachelor of Commerce: Management
- Sakina Khozema Ali, Bachelor of Commerce: Marketing
Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences:
- Ibrahim Zaid Shaib Abu Zanat, Master of Engineering Management
- Shanaz Begum Feroze, Master of Information Technology Management
- Amit Harwani, Bachelor of Computer Science
- Shruthi Nair, Bachelor of Computer Science: Multimedia and Game Development
- Abdelrahman Ali Adel Shata, Bachelor of Engineering: Electrical Engineering
- Rayane Tchantchane, Bachelor of Engineering: Mechanical Engineering
School of Humanities, Social Sciences and Health:
- Nabiha Asim Faruqui, Master of Educational Studies
- Johnathan Paul Lancaster, Master of International Relations
- Rula Kara Hamad, Master of Media and Communications
Elmira Abdulraoof Mogammad Saleh was named the top graduating PG UAE national student across all faculties.
The Vote of Thanks on behalf of the graduates was delivered by Aditi Thakur, Master of Business Administration, Stefan Martin, School of Humanities, Social Sciences and Health, and Rayane Tchantchane, Bachelor of Engineering: Mechanical Engineering.
UOWD Faculty, Alumni family along with current graduating students from around the world also extended their sincere congratulations to the class of 2021.
For those who missed the live virtual celebration, kindly visit the below links to watch the ceremony: